Toilet Paper Tube Seedling Pots

Every household has plenty of tp tubes. They make great seedling pots, so why not reuse some of them instead of recycling them. :)

1. Cut the TP tube in half. Then make 4 cuts that are approx. 1/2 in., creating 4 flaps of equal size.
  2. Fold one flap inward, then working clockwise, fold the other flaps down. Tuck the corner of the last flap under the corner of the first flap. (Like when you are closing a cardboard box.)
  3. Turn them over and gently press them down on a flat surface so make the bottoms flat, so that they will stay upright.
  4. Turn them over, fill with soil, and plant your seeds. Once the seeds have sprouted and are ready to go into the ground, just plant them with the pot. The cardboard will disintegrate in the soil.
  5. Ad

Great idea! Luv it
Thanks, Richard

This is a very good idea and I have used it in the past. It wouldn't be practical for me now because I start hundreds of seedlings indoors each season. I will though, take this opportunity to compliment you on your excellent photography and detailed instructions.

This gives me lots of ideas to use this Spring! Thanks!

I like to use TP tubes as collars for my newly planted plants, to protect from cut worms and hungry birds.

Good Information. I also save paper towel tubes and do the same thing. Recycle, and save money. Great for spices to start.