Browsing: Uses for Twist Ties

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Uses for Twist Ties

Certain food products packed in plastic bags are sealed with a twist tie. This is a guide about uses for twist ties.

Twist Ties
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

February 21, 2005 Flag

When buying bread, look at the twist tie and it will tell you how old it is ... Each day has a different color, as follows: Monday = Blue, Tuesday = Green, Thursday = Red, Friday = White, Saturday = Yellow

By Brenda Cole

Editor's Note: I had never heard of this tip before. I wonder if this system is specific to one grocery store or chain or universally used.

December 27, 2000 Flag
Sheri0 found this helpful

When buying produce, be sure to use the ties the store provides. These work great for tying things together, wires, food bags, etc. I can always find a use for them.

July 26, 2005 Flag

When doing a craft that uses short lengths of fine wire and you happen to run out, you can use the wire in the twist ties.

Hold twelve strips with a pliers over the sink and light the end with a match. When it burns to the pliers, let them fall into the sink, the rest burns off.

With a Kleenex wipe the wires to remove any residue. Your good to go.

This was my idea when making miniatures flowers for my doll house and I ran out of wire in mid winter and I did not want to go out.

By Aunt Rose

February 5, 2005 Flag

What do you use with your twist ties?

Better Living Green Living ReusingMarch 17, 2013
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
BRead Ties With Faces Painted on Them
Uses for Bread Ties
Paper Twist Ribbon Basket
Making a Paper Twist Ribbon Basket
Using Railroad Ties in Landscaping, Stack of Railroad Ties
Using Railroad Ties in Landscaping
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 16, 2016 at 1:08:13 PM on 10.0.2.214 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.