Storing Twist Ties

Category Miscellaneous

I like to save twist ties from produce bags, bread bags, etc., but haven't found a good way to store them for later use. They always get all tangled up and are hard to take back out and use.

By Ann P.

I put ours in a 'snack size' zip top storage bag, after smoothing them out as much as I can.
You could also use any type of storage container, either plastic covered box, or used clean glass jar with lid, anything to keep them contained, and visible, so you don't forget they are there.

I have a very small bowl in a kitchen drawer to keep the twist ties in. I also have another one that I keep small clothes pins in to close up chip bags, etc.

One way is to try and straighten them out a little bit and clamp them with a clothes pin. Another is to get a small pipe shaped object (such as a spare pencil or whatnot,) semi-tightly wrap the twist-ties around it and leave a little "tail" hanging off the end of each of the twist-ties and make sure there is something on both ends to stop them from sliding off (such as a rubberband twisted around it on both ends) to keep them from sliding off.

This way you can just grab the "tail" of the twist-tie that you want to use and pull it straight off the pipe