Uses for Twist Ties

When buying bread, look at the twist tie and it will tell you how old it is ... Each day has a different color, as follows: Monday = Blue, Tuesday = Green, Thursday = Red, Friday = White, Saturday = Yellow

By Brenda Cole

Editor's Note: I had never heard of this tip before. I wonder if this system is specific to one grocery store or chain or universally used.

4 More Solutions

When doing a craft that uses short lengths of fine wire and you happen to run out, you can use the wire in the twist ties.

Sheri

When buying produce, be sure to use the ties the store provides. These work great for tying things together, wires, food bags, etc. I can always find a use for them.

What do you use with your twist ties?

I like to save twist ties from produce bags, bread bags, etc., but haven't found a good way to store them for later use. They always get all tangled up and are hard to take back out and use.

By Ann P.

Answers

Best Answer

I put ours in a 'snack size' zip top storage bag, after smoothing them out as much as I can.
You could also use any type of storage container, either plastic covered box, or used clean glass jar with lid, anything to keep them contained, and visible, so you don't forget they are there.

Best Answer

I have a very small bowl in a kitchen drawer to keep the twist ties in. I also have another one that I keep small clothes pins in to close up chip bags, etc.

Best Answer

One way is to try and straighten them out a little bit and clamp them with a clothes pin. Another is to get a small pipe shaped object (such as a spare pencil or whatnot,) semi-tightly wrap the twist-ties around it and leave a little "tail" hanging off the end of each of the twist-ties and make sure there is something on both ends to stop them from sliding off (such as a rubberband twisted around it on both ends) to keep them from sliding off. This way you can just grab the "tail" of the twist-tie that you want to use and pull it straight off the pipe

Answer this Question
Better Living Green Living ReusingMarch 17, 2013
🐰
🌻
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-Twist-Ties.html