Uses for Twist Ties

Category Reusing
Certain food products packed in plastic bags are sealed with a twist tie. This is a page about uses for twist ties.

When buying bread, look at the twist tie and it will tell you how old it is ... Each day has a different color, as follows: Monday = Blue, Tuesday = Green, Thursday = Red, Friday = White, Saturday = Yellow

By Brenda Cole

Editor's Note: I had never heard of this tip before. I wonder if this system is specific to one grocery store or chain or universally used.

When doing a craft that uses short lengths of fine wire and you happen to run out, you can use the wire in the twist ties.

Hold twelve strips with a pliers over the sink and light the end with a match. When it burns to the pliers, let them fall into the sink, the rest burns off.

With a Kleenex wipe the wires to remove any residue. Your good to go.

This was my idea when making miniatures flowers for my doll house and I ran out of wire in mid winter and I did not want to go out.

By Aunt Rose

Sheri

When buying produce, be sure to use the ties the store provides. These work great for tying things together, wires, food bags, etc. I can always find a use for them.

What do you use with your twist ties?

Better Living Green Living ReusingMarch 17, 2013
😎
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
Generated 2020-07-23 14:38:39 in 766 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-Twist-Ties.html