Using Club Soda in Baking

What is the trick for using club soda in baking cakes in place of oils or fats?

By Lorraine

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

HI! No trick! I just take a boxed cake mix and put in enough club soda that looks about right & bake as usual. I haven't measured the club soda precisely...I just eyeball it. I DO have to bake it about 5 minutes more than usual, but my cakes turn out just as moist & delicious, even more so, than when I use eggs & oil. Have fun!

Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsJune 20, 2012
Muffin with a bite out of it.
Muffins Taste Like Baking Soda
Up close photo of the front of a baking soda box
Saving Money on Baking Soda
Inflating Balloon During Balloon Experiment
Blowing up a Balloon with Baking Soda and Vinegar
Pouring Sparkling Water
Making Sparkling Water
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 3:23:51 PM on 10.0.2.240 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.