Using Every Bit Of Laundry Detergent

My laundry shelf height is limited, so I have to pour the larger super saver size detergent bottles into a 32 oz. container. This resulted in some spillage until I decided to decant into the smaller bottle when I need to do a wash. This way, the excess goes into the washer instead of down the kitchen sink.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

Answers:

Using Every Bit Of Laundry Detergent

Thanks for the great tip, Holly! I do the same exact thing for the same reason, transfer liquid detergent from a large container to a smaller one. Sometimes it can get messy if you're not extremely careful. DUH, why didn't I think of this myself! (09/05/2006)

By Debbie52

Using Every Bit Of Laundry Detergent

What I do is when I fill the cup of detergent I then throw the cup in the wash and no mess and use every bit of soap and since I don't have that much room what I do is at the end of the bottle I had water swish and put it the washer and if need more add some from the new bottle then recycle the bottle when done. (11/14/2007)

By Barbara

Using Every Bit Of Laundry Detergent

I always rinse out laundry containers several times to get all the detergent out. Of course, I do it to all containers to get the last bit out, whether it is detergent, fabric softener, soup, sauce, juice, or canned vegetables. (12/29/2008)

By gransims

When I pour that last cup of liquid into my washer I then hold the bottle under the water while the machine is filling. you can rinse out all the soap from the bottle that way.