Using Every Bit Of Laundry Detergent

My laundry shelf height is limited, so I have to pour the larger super saver size detergent bottles into a 32 oz. container. This resulted in some spillage until I decided to decant into the smaller bottle when I need to do a wash. This way, the excess goes into the washer instead of down the kitchen sink.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

Using Every Bit Of Laundry Detergent

Thanks for the great tip, Holly! I do the same exact thing for the same reason, transfer liquid detergent from a large container to a smaller one. Sometimes it can get messy if you're not extremely careful. DUH, why didn't I think of this myself! (09/05/2006)

By Debbie52

Using Every Bit Of Laundry Detergent

What I do is when I fill the cup of detergent I then throw the cup in the wash and no mess and use every bit of soap and since I don't have that much room what I do is at the end of the bottle I had water swish and put it the washer and if need more add some from the new bottle then recycle the bottle when done. (11/14/2007)

By Barbara

Using Every Bit Of Laundry Detergent

I always rinse out laundry containers several times to get all the detergent out. Of course, I do it to all containers to get the last bit out, whether it is detergent, fabric softener, soup, sauce, juice, or canned vegetables. (12/29/2008)

By gransims

When I pour that last cup of liquid into my washer I then hold the bottle under the water while the machine is filling. you can rinse out all the soap from the bottle that way.

Using the Last of the Clorox 2
Using Every Bit of Laundry Detergent
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJune 11, 2009
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
A box of laundry detergent
Reusing Laundry Detergent Boxes
Dry laundry detergent stored in glass canisters.
Storing Dry Laundry Detergent
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops