Browsing: Using Leftover Chili

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Using Leftover Chili

There are many ways that extra chili can be used to create a delicious meal. This guide is about using leftover chili.

Chili over spaghetti.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

January 8, 2010 Flag

I like to make enough chili so that I have leftovers for another easy meal. Here are two ways I like to use the leftovers: Bake a potato and top it with heated leftover chili, top the chili with sour cream and sprinkled cheese. So very good! The other thing I do, and I sure most of you do this, cook up some noodles then add the chili, when hot, top with cheese, We love this!

By dwedenoja from New Creek, WV

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 20, 2006 Flag

When you have left-over chili, this is an easy dish to make.

Ingredients

Directions

Unroll crescent roll dough. Pinch edges together to seal, pat into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. In a bowl combine chili, onion, and olives; spread over the baked crust. Sprinkle with cheese and corn chips. Bake 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. You can top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, or sour cream if desired.

By Paula from Christmas, MI

January 8, 2010 Flag

Do you have just a little bit of leftover chili? Make another meal out of it by baking a large potato, then opening the potato and topping with the heated leftover chili, some shredded cheese and sour cream. Or, put the leftover chili in the center of a tortilla, add cheese, shredded lettuce and chopped tomato, and roll up and heat for a quick and frugal burrito!

By Becki from Logansport, Indiana

Answers:

Uses For Leftover Chili

My husband doesn't like "canned chili" at all. What he doesn't know is that sometimes I purchase it, for a fast meal. I've seen in magazines to serve it heated over cooked pasta and with Parmesan cheese like a pasta sauce. I've not done that but I have used the canned chili as a base for homemade vegetable soup. I just add other canned vegetables and spices. He's eaten it and called it "good". I've even served canned chili over cut up hot dogs and sprinkled with shredded cheese. He's not wild about it, but he ate it anyway. We don't have this often, but it does make for a meal when we need one in a hurry. (06/19/2007)

By badwater

Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversSeptember 26, 2012
Chili Soup
Chili Soup Recipes
pot of chili con carne
Chili Spaghetti Recipes
A large pot of chili, ready for canning.
Canning Chili
Stuffed Red Chili Peppers
Stuffed Chili Pepper Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 10:33:18 AM on 10.0.2.223 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.