Using Leftover Chili

There are many ways that extra chili can be used to create a delicious meal. This guide is about using leftover chili.

January 8, 2010 Flag

I like to make enough chili so that I have leftovers for another easy meal. Here are two ways I like to use the leftovers: Bake a potato and top it with heated leftover chili, top the chili with sour cream and sprinkled cheese. So very good! The other thing I do, and I sure most of you do this, cook up some noodles then add the chili, when hot, top with cheese, We love this!

By dwedenoja from New Creek, WV

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

(submitted by email)

For leftover chili, I make enough to either make enchiladas with or make tortilla soup.

By C.31

IDK how you guys cook your taters but there are a couple ways most folks don't do it. Microwave is a fast way to get a baked potatoe without heating up the entire house. Ovens create a lot of heat and your AC is removing heat so you rather not create any more heat than you need here in the South. Clean your tater stab it about 5 time with a fork place in MW high 5 min check it for softness if not soft flip it and give it another 5. After that do 3 min. Once done you may eat or you can wrap in foil and it will get perfect. I use a green scotch bright pad to clean the tater I pin it to the wall for future use.

Then there is the solar oven taters are perfect cooked this way since most the summer the sun is out and free it does not heat your home this way either best of all you can cook a batch of taters and save them for the rest of the weeks use for all sorts of uses. Hope this helps.

Read More Comments...

November 20, 2006 Flag

When you have left-over chili, this is an easy dish to make.

Ingredients

Directions

Unroll crescent roll dough. Pinch edges together to seal, pat into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. In a bowl combine chili, onion, and olives; spread over the baked crust. Sprinkle with cheese and corn chips. Bake 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. You can top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, or sour cream if desired.

By Paula from Christmas, MI

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 8, 2010 Flag

Do you have just a little bit of leftover chili? Make another meal out of it by baking a large potato, then opening the potato and topping with the heated leftover chili, some shredded cheese and sour cream. Or, put the leftover chili in the center of a tortilla, add cheese, shredded lettuce and chopped tomato, and roll up and heat for a quick and frugal burrito!

By Becki from Logansport, Indiana

Answers:

Uses For Leftover Chili

My husband doesn't like "canned chili" at all. What he doesn't know is that sometimes I purchase it, for a fast meal. I've seen in magazines to serve it heated over cooked pasta and with Parmesan cheese like a pasta sauce. I've not done that but I have used the canned chili as a base for homemade vegetable soup. I just add other canned vegetables and spices. He's eaten it and called it "good". I've even served canned chili over cut up hot dogs and sprinkled with shredded cheese. He's not wild about it, but he ate it anyway. We don't have this often, but it does make for a meal when we need one in a hurry. (06/19/2007)

By badwater

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversSeptember 26, 2012
Chili Soup
Chili Soup Recipes
pot of chili con carne
Chili Spaghetti Recipes
A large pot of chili, ready for canning.
Canning Chili
Stuffed Red Chili Peppers
Stuffed Chili Pepper Recipes
🎉
🎄