Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Using Leftover Chili

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Chili over spaghetti.

There are many ways that extra chili can be used to create a delicious meal. This guide is about using leftover chili.

Solutions: Using Leftover Chili

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Uses For Leftover Chili

I like to make enough chili so that I have leftovers for another easy meal. Here are two ways I like to use the leftovers: Bake a potato and top it with heated leftover chili, top the chili with sour cream and sprinkled cheese. So very good! The other thing I do, and I sure most of you do this, cook up some noodles then add the chili, when hot, top with cheese, We love this!

By dwedenoja from New Creek, WV

Recipe: Left-over Chili Mexican Pizza

When you have left-over chili, this is an easy dish to make.

Ingredients

• 1 tube (8 ounces) crescent rolls
  • 2 cups left-over chili
  • 1/2 cup ripe olives
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup corn chips

Directions

Unroll crescent roll dough. Pinch edges together to seal, pat into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. In a bowl combine chili, onion, and olives; spread over the baked crust. Sprinkle with cheese and corn chips. Bake 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. You can top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, or sour cream if desired.

By Paula from Christmas, MI

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Uses For Leftover Chili

Do you have just a little bit of leftover chili? Make another meal out of it by baking a large potato, then opening the potato and topping with the heated leftover chili, some shredded cheese and sour cream. Or, put the leftover chili in the center of a tortilla, add cheese, shredded lettuce and chopped tomato, and roll up and heat for a quick and frugal burrito!

By Becki from Logansport, Indiana

RE: Uses For Leftover Chili

My husband doesn't like "canned chili" at all. What he doesn't know is that sometimes I purchase it, for a fast meal. I've seen in magazines to serve it heated over cooked pasta and with Parmesan cheese like a pasta sauce. I've not done that but I have used the canned chili as a base for homemade vegetable soup. I just add other canned vegetables and spices. He's eaten it and called it "good". I've even served canned chili over cut up hot dogs and sprinkled with shredded cheese. He's not wild about it, but he ate it anyway. We don't have this often, but it does make for a meal when we need one in a hurry. (06/19/2007)

By badwater