Using Leftover Chili

There are many ways that extra chili can be used to create a delicious meal. This guide is about using leftover chili.

Chili over spaghetti.
Filter Sort

Tip: Uses For Leftover Chili

By dorothy wedenoja 170 111

I like to make enough chili so that I have leftovers for another easy meal. Here are two ways I like to use the leftovers: Bake a potato and top it with heated leftover chili, top the chili with sour cream and sprinkled cheese. So very good! The other thing I do, and I sure most of you do this, cook up some noodles then add the chili, when hot, top with cheese, We love this!

By dwedenoja from New Creek, WV

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Recipe: Left-over Chili Mexican Pizza

By Paula 14 328

When you have left-over chili, this is an easy dish to make.

Ingredients

• 1 tube (8 ounces) crescent rolls
  • 2 cups left-over chili
  • 1/2 cup ripe olives
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup corn chips

Directions

Unroll crescent roll dough. Pinch edges together to seal, pat into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. In a bowl combine chili, onion, and olives; spread over the baked crust. Sprinkle with cheese and corn chips. Bake 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. You can top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, or sour cream if desired.

By Paula from Christmas, MI

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: Uses For Leftover Chili

Do you have just a little bit of leftover chili? Make another meal out of it by baking a large potato, then opening the potato and topping with the heated leftover chili, some shredded cheese and sour cream. Or, put the leftover chili in the center of a tortilla, add cheese, shredded lettuce and chopped tomato, and roll up and heat for a quick and frugal burrito!

By Becki from Logansport, Indiana

Feedback:

RE: Uses For Leftover Chili

My husband doesn't like "canned chili" at all. What he doesn't know is that sometimes I purchase it, for a fast meal. I've seen in magazines to serve it heated over cooked pasta and with Parmesan cheese like a pasta sauce. I've not done that but I have used the canned chili as a base for homemade vegetable soup. I just add other canned vegetables and spices. He's eaten it and called it "good". I've even served canned chili over cut up hot dogs and sprinkled with shredded cheese. He's not wild about it, but he ate it anyway. We don't have this often, but it does make for a meal when we need one in a hurry. (06/19/2007)

By badwater

Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversSeptember 26, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Chili Soup
Chili Soup Recipes
pot of chili con carne
Chili Spaghetti Recipes
A large pot of chili, ready for canning.
Canning Chili
Stuffed Red Chili Peppers
Stuffed Chili Pepper Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 7, 2016 at 11:09:55 PM on 10.0.0.227 in 762 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost CommentsFewest CommentsRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings