Using Reusable Kuerig Pods

Using a Kuerig coffee maker is a convenient way to make a single serving of your favorite coffee, but the small brewing cups are an expensive way to buy coffee. This is a guide about using reusable Kuerig pods.

September 6, 2016 Flag

If you like the convenience of a Keurig machine, but not the price and waste of the cups, the reusable K-cup is a great alternative. It is dishwasher safe. However, you can easily rinse it out in the sink. I compost my coffee grounds instead of throwing them away.

K-cups can be as expensive as 50 cents a cup. I bought a can of coffee for $2.50. I can get up to 90 cups from the can. I used 80 cups to be conservative, and it came out to 3 cents per cup. More importantly, no waste to go to the landfill! These cups can be purchased at many stores, or online.

For those who have the new machines that only take a genuine K-cup, you can buy a K-cup "Freedom Clip". Read about it here:

Link: http://www.rogersfamilyco.com/index.php/revolution-begun-starts-now-fight-keurig/

The only problem with reusable K-cups is that they tend to make a weaker cup of coffee. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but even I can tell it's not as good.

Depends on the coffee used! Thank YOU for the great tip!

April 23, 2013 Flag

If you like the convenience of using a Keurig machine but find the pods too pricey or you miss your favorite coffee, there is a solution. We recently found a 4-pack of reuseable pods for $9.99. They allow you to use your favorite ground coffee and create a lot less garbage too! View the full recipe here: Reusable Keurig Pods

April 9, 2013 Flag

If you like the convenience of using a Keurig machine but find the pods too pricey or you miss your favorite coffee, there is a solution. We recently found a 4-pack of reuseable pods for $9.99.

filling pod

May 12, 2014 Flag

You can find alternatives to buying pre-made pods on-line. I experimented with a lot of different ways and settled on the Perfect Pod EZ Cup. It comes with paper filters to contain the coffee.

Consumer Advice General AdviceApril 13, 2013
cup of coffee
Homemade Coffee Pods
Making a Reusable Shopping Bag
Making a Reusable Shopping Bag
Washable Wiping Squares
Reusable Toilet Paper (Cloth Wiping Squares)
Trumpet Vine Seed Pods
Starting a Trumpet Vine From Seed Pods
🎉
🎄