Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Using Reusable Kuerig Pods

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Using Reusable Kuerig Pods

Using a Kuerig coffee maker is a convenient way to make a single serving of your favorite coffee, but the small brewing cups are an expensive way to buy coffee. This is a guide about using reusable Kuerig pods.

Video: Reusable Keurig Pods

If you like the convenience of using a Keurig machine but find the pods too pricey or you miss your favorite coffee, there is a solution. We recently found a 4-pack of reuseable pods for $9.99. They allow you to use your favorite ground coffee and create a lot less garbage too! View the full recipe here: Reusable Keurig Pods

Solutions: Using Reusable Kuerig Pods

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Reusable Keurig Pods

Keurig Pod Supplies

If you like the convenience of using a Keurig machine but find the pods too pricey or you miss your favorite coffee, there is a solution. We recently found a 4-pack of reuseable pods for $9.99. They allow you to use your favorite ground coffee and create a lot less garbage too!

Simply pre-fill them and store them in an airtight container until you are ready to use them.

filling pod

pods in container

They fit into the same spot as the pods, so pop it in and run the machine as normal. When you are done, remove the pod, dump out the grounds, clean and dry the pod, and refill it.

put pod in machine

making coffee

By

Tip: Using Refillable Coffee Pods

For the person looking for the alternative to buying pre-made coffee pods: I'm not sure if you're looking for pods for the Senseo or the Keurig but you can find alternatives to buying pre-made pods on-line. I experimented with a lot of different ways and settled on the Perfect Pod EZ Cup. It comes with paper filters (you can also buy separately) to contain the coffee. There are also several kinds of refillable cups that you have to empty between each cup of coffee brewed.

There are more and more alternatives to the pre-made cups. I like the ones I can fill myself because I can use my favorite coffee and the cost is MUCH less than buying those already made. Amazon has quite a selection of different kinds but if you Google 'refillable coffee pods' you'll be sure to find something to fit your needs. Another thing about the refillable pods - less waste!

By

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!