Using Vinegar in the Laundry

How much vinegar should I use to deodorize clothing when washing it? How much should I use as fabric softener? Thanks.

By Robinn from Albuquerque, NM

Answers:

Using Vinegar in the Laundry

The Heinz vinegar site says 1 cup for laundry, but they also want you to buy more. I use 1/2 cup in every load in the rinse cycle as a fabric softener and it seems to be fine. I have also seen 1/2 cup listed on other sites as being plenty to use. You can always adjust if you find it isn't working for you.

heinzvinegar.com

vinegartips.com

home.howstuffworks.com (11/01/2009)

By Kaelle

Using Vinegar in the Laundry

I have been filling the fabric softener dispenser, but when I put the clothes in the dryer I lightly moisten a used dryer sheet, one of a few that were being saved for some "good reason", and the combination seems to work well. The clothes smell nice and fresh, and there does not seem to be a static problem, even though we are now beginning to have some much cooler, dryer weather. This beats cleaning the gunk that had built up in the fabric softener dispenser, under the cup itself and is so much less expensive to top it all. (11/04/2009)

By LJF

Using Vinegar in the Laundry

I use a Downy Fabric Soften ball that I bought in the grocery store for my white vinegar. I fill it almost all the way to the top to deodorize and soften, and whiten my clothing. I drop the softener ball in the wash with the white vinegar in it. When the wash water is is spun out, the ball with the vinegar in it will open and be used in the rinse cycle. Works great for me. (11/04/2009)

By quickcooker

Using Vinegar in the Laundry
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
killing weeds
Planting After Killing Weeds With Vinegar
Laundry in Washing Machine
How To Do Laundry
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🎉
🎄