Using a Popcorn Tin as a Trash Can

Category Reusing
Decorative gift food tins can be repurposed in a number of ways. A simple one is to put it to use as a trash can. This is a guide about using a popcorn tin as a trash can.

We always receive the popcorn tins for Christmas. I have found if you line them with a small grocery bag, they make a great garbage can for any room that needs a little something to catch trash in. My girls always find one they like and you don't feel bad when they tire of it. My husband has one beside his chair in the family room and loves it.

By Cheryle from Presque Isle, ME

All ideas are great ones, which I already have in practice, mostly. I have them in 3 rooms as trash cans. I get the ones with snowy scenes or something that will work for all year round, and don't even have to paint or hide the 'pretty'.

These cans do work well for storage, and I use them for keeping my birdseed for my parrot, the outdoor birdies, my dogs, and also keep one in the kitchen for storing baggies of dried fruit and veggies, which I dry myself. I have one in my camper holding rags we might need to clean things off outside. If it rains on the can, it doesn't hurt it one bit. Squirrels cannot chew into them to get to the seed or dog food. And they are a reminder that Jesus was born to save us all, every day of the year!

Line a popcorn tin with a grocery store bag. You now have an attractive trash can for a bedroom or bathroom. It is a good way to recycle both the bags and the tin.

Source: Pinterest