Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Using a Popcorn Tin as a Trash Can

Decorative gift food tins can be repurposed in a number of ways. A simple one is to put it to use as a trash can. This is a guide about using a popcorn tin as a trash can.

Line a popcorn tin with a grocery store bag. You now have an attractive trash can for a bedroom or bathroom. It is a good way to recycle both the bags and the tin.

Source: Pinterest

We always receive the popcorn tins for Christmas. I have found if you line them with a small grocery bag, they make a great garbage can for any room that needs a little something to catch trash in. My girls always find one they like and you don't feel bad when they tire of it. My husband has one beside his chair in the family room and loves it.

By Cheryle from Presque Isle, ME

All ideas are great ones, which I already have in practice, mostly. I have them in 3 rooms as trash cans. I get the ones with snowy scenes or something that will work for all year round, and don't even have to paint or hide the 'pretty'.

These cans do work well for storage, and I use them for keeping my birdseed for my parrot, the outdoor birdies, my dogs, and also keep one in the kitchen for storing baggies of dried fruit and veggies, which I dry myself. I have one in my camper holding rags we might need to clean things off outside. If it rains on the can, it doesn't hurt it one bit. Squirrels cannot chew into them to get to the seed or dog food. And they are a reminder that Jesus was born to save us all, every day of the year!

Popcorn Tin Filled with Four Types of Popcorn
Uses for Popcorn Tins
Better Living Green Living ReusingMarch 15, 2017
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
wood trash bin
Homemade Trash Bin Crafts
Fabric Can Lid Ornaments Finished
Tin Can Christmas Ornaments
Tin Can Frog
Tin Can Animal Crafts
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2017 at 3:51:44 PM on 10.0.0.72 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.