Using a Steam Mop

A steam mop is an environmentally way to clean your floors. This is a guide about using a steam mop.

Steam Mop
Filter Sort

Question: H2O Mop Reviews (As Seen on TV)

By Colleen 1

Anyone use the H2O mop?

By Colleen from Dayton, OH

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

By Dena Roberts 35 491 Flag

I have an H2O mop and I love it. I have a day care in my home and use it every day after the kids leave. It's easy to fill, gets into corners, uses no soap, so it's better for kids, uses washable cloths, so it's frugal, and works quickly, with no scrubbing...sure saves the knees! The pointed head gets right into the corners and in behind the toilet. Heats up fast and doesn't take up much room. I got mine at Canadian Tire. Zellers and Walmart also sell them. I would advise buying it from a store, then if you don't like it, you can return it without them keeping the "shipping and handling fees".

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By GC 1 Flag

I have had three H20 Mops over the past 18 months. The first two failed within a few months. Each time Bed Bath & Beyond did the right thing and replaced it. The third one today failed and no longer heats up. This one did last longer than the other 2 (about 7 months, but it had less usage too) and it also had its own problems. The handle could not remain in the upright position. We hated this but felt taking it back was too much hassle.

This product is junk. Customer service is a joke. It's too bad, because when they worked they cleaned nicely. But Thane (the manufacturer) builds a crappy product that won't last, and they will not stand behind it. The "testimonials" on the website, I believe, are false. I have posted my dissatisfaction, and they have never appeared. Nor have they bothered to contact me.

Kudos to BB&B for their great customer service. I understand they no longer carry these in stores. I wonder why?

Oh, the latest wrinkle is that Thane now states the failure is due to not changing the water filter. And now Thane states on the troubleshooting tips on their website that you must replace every 3 months if the mop is used 3 times per week?? The filters on the website are listed for 17.95 / 2-pack. Let's see.... that's 4 filters per year, and additional $36.00 (+shipping). They didn't mention in the ad, did they? They claim you're able to get them at your local retailer? Ask around. The only thing you'll get is a deer in the headlights stare! It's a shame our consumer agency allows this company to bring this faulty product in the US. What a joke.

I am going to try and return this to BB&B. I hope they will refund my money. Of course they should be compensated by Thane, but I doubt that would happen, especially if the vendor support is anything like their customer service!

So bottom line; You are now supposed to replace your filter every 3 months, thus, Thane is simply saying don't expect the mop to last much longer than 3 months. That is their "truth in advertising," I guess.

Stay away and don't waste your money! Save yourself the hassle and forget about buying one of these.

PS: I am sure that some law firm could easily have a huge class action claim against Thane. This is a no brainer!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joseph 1 Flag

Gr8 cleaner, but there is no way to lock it in an upright position. I used it for 3 months, leaned it against wall, it slid down and the mop section plastic snapped and broke away from handle unit, rendered it useless. The warranty is up and it would cost too much to ship for repairs, plus cost of repairs, and ship back to me. I don't think I'll buy another!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Anyone Used the Shark Steam Mop?

By Cabell 1 1

I'm thinking about getting a Shark cleaning mop and I'd like to know if anyone else has one and do they like it. I'm not sure about cleaning with just water.

By Mshelly from Hephzibah, GA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Nikki Shawntee H. 1 Flag

Yes I have! I use it when I clean houses! It is so good customers started purchasing them. I love it I should be a tester I like to put things to the rest under all conditons I encounter. I rate it high all of them.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Using a Steam Mop on Laminate Flooring

By R Barbara 145 46

We just bought an older, refurbished home. The contractor/flipper put dark laminate flooring in the livingroom and bedrooms. I have always had reservations about this type of flooring, because of the water spotting, etc.

Has anyone successfully used a steam mop on laminate? and if not, what do you use?

Thanks.

By Barbara

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By lloiacano 1 Flag

I just received a steam mop for a Christmas gift and we have laminate flooring throughout the first floor of our house. It is a lighter more natural color laminate and works Amazing! We have no issues with water or anything like that. I have 2 toddler boys and 3 dogs and you wouldn't believe how quickly my floors can become dirty and how quickly they are clean again with the Bissell I have. I love it and will never go back to a regular mop again.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Recommendations for a Steam Mop

By az2010 19 6

I am looking to buy a steam mop and am confused as to which one to buy. Does anyone out there have one and/or can anyone recommend a good one?

az2010 from East Hampton, MA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Beth 25 1,120 Flag

I bought my Shark steam mop from BJ's - best price plus 5 pads. I love it!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Use Vinegar and Water in Your Steam Mop

By Kimberly 16 3

The water in my area is horrible. I love my Shark steam mop, but the water here stops it up. I find if you run vinegar and water in it, it keeps the floors squeaky clean and the machine running great. It also works great for your car window wash fluid too.

By Kimberly from Lakeland, FL

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Reviews of Steam Mops

By Elsie Jacobs 1

I am looking to purchase a steam mop or cleaner. I have tried one and was very unhappy with it. There are so many to pick from, I would like to hear from other buyers on what their experiences have been and if they have found one they are happy with. Thank you.

By Elsie J.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Laura 154 Flag

I have a McCulloch MC-1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner. It is the best cleaning tool ever. It is light weight pull behind like a vacuum. I have had this machine for over 7 years and it is awesome. My friend had the shark. It broke so she got one of these and she loves it. She wanted something she could quickly clean the floors with as the baby was always on the floor. She made me laugh cause she said she was looking for other things to clean with it. I did the same thing.

They sell them at Target.com and on amazon.com. If you take care of it, it will take care of your home. I cannot do my floors anymore and the Lady I have to come in and do it is using it and she wants one for her cleaning business.

http://www.amazon.com/McCulloch-MC- ... avy-Duty-Steam-Cleaner/dp/B0000DF0RB You can go here and read reviews of it.

The pic is of just the machine, has way more to it.

ps. I bought the micro cleaning cloths and use them folded on the floor wand and they wash beautiful in the washer.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Steam Mop Leaves Water on Floor

By Susan Hanson 1

I have purchased a steam mop and I notice that it leaves more water on the floor than I would like. Any tips on using the steam mop with less water results?

By grandmasusan from Atikokan, ON

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

thr803709 Flag

I have a steam mop and I love it. One of the best things that I have ever purchased. I know what you mean about too much water. I found if you don't leave or keep pushing the button in the on position it helps a lot. Just get it going then shut it off and just use the mop. It works well this way.Good Luck Linda

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Steam Mop Leaves Floor Streaky

By AMerrill 1

I recently purchased the Shark Steam Mop and I like it, however it leaves a dull streaky finish on my floors. I have laminate (Pergo) and tile. It's doing it on both. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do?

By AMerrill from Galesburg, IL

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Jen Hummell 7 22 Flag

We have soft water, and I have the same problem. It works much better than the SwifferJet than we had. I got the Steam Blaster off of Craigslist, so I use it for many applications.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Bissell Steam Mop Made My Wood Floors Look Cloudy

By Jacqueline Jett 1

I just used a Bissell steam mop on my hardwood floors and in several areas there are white cloudy rings forming as it dried. How can I fix this problem?

By Jacqueline from Benton, AR

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Lilac 20 1,329 Flag

My understanding is you should not use the steam mop on wood. I think the spot might have to be refinished.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning Solution for H2O Steam Mop

By Pat Frain 7 3

Does anyone know of a cleaning solution that can be used in the H20 steam mop?

By motleycrew from IN

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Beth 25 1,120 Flag

I agree. I have a Shark Steam mop. You only use water in it. If you have a very dirty floor, you can spray something on the floor and use the steam mop to finish.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Steam Mop for Pergo

By sandy 1

Can you use a steam mop on pergo flooring?

Sandy from Annapolis, MD

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Absolutely not. The steam will get into the Pergo and cause de-lamination. We use a little Windex on a sponge mop. It cleans very well and dries almost instantly.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Using a Steam Mop

Do I have to use anything else other than water in a steam mop?

By G H Hunt

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Frugal Sunnie 11 1,695 Flag

The answer depends on the make and model of the steam mop. Some do work using a specially formulated solution, others can't be used with anything but water (tap or distilled). If you use a solution in a steam mop meant to be run on just water you risk ruining the mop and voiding any warranty.

Check your user guide (owner manual) to be sure. If you've lost the manual you can usually download a free copy from the maker's website.

If you haven't purchased one yet, read all the information on the carton or website product description - be sure to buy the mop that best meets your needs. Some buyers feel a floor isn't really clean and disinfected unless a cleaning solution is used, other buyers accept the maker's promise that the steam cleans and sanitises without the need for additional solutions.

My personal experience is that the steam does the trick - clean and hygienic floors safe enough for a baby:)

One last thing - if you're trying to clean a floor with years of ground in grime, you're going to have to do a 'hands 'n knees' scrubbing (or rent a floor cleaner specifically for hard surfaces) first, before using the steam mop.

Even with pre-cleaning, you'll be amazed at how much grime the first few steam moppings picks up - so be prepared with spare pads! The first time I steam mopped my ceramic floors I was really shocked to see how dirty the pad was - so dirty I wanted to toss it in the nearest garbage bin. That first one never really did look bright white again no matter how many times I washed it in hot water, even with bleach!

But once you get the floor really clean with the steam mop, you'll find once a day keeps the floor incredibly clean without making you want to bin the pad. I love my steam mop!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Using Steam Mop on Congoleum Flooring

By Linda 1

Can you use the Enviro Steamer mop on congoleum type flooring? It's sheet type flooring, not sticky tiles?

By Linda from Walker, LA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

thr522587 Flag

Of course you can use it on linoleum/vinyl flooring. Congoleum is simply the name of the manufacturer.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Steam Mop With Electrical Problem

I purchased an H2O mop advertised on TV. I have contacted Home Trends (since their name is shown as shipper) with a complaint about two months ago. I have never heard back from them. We decided it must be a short in the electrical system. When the mop produces steam and you put the handle down it stops completely. I have never received an acknowledgment from them. Can someone help me?

Leona

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

thr436488 Flag

The H20 Mop is manufactured by Thane Direct USA, and you have a one year warranty. You can contact them by email or by sending them a fax. The link is to the Thane Direct website, their question and answer page. If you scroll down you will see a question about the warranty. Their contact information is there. I hope this brings good results for you.

http://www.thane.com/products/housewares/h2omop/faqs.php

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Using Microfiber Clothes In Shark Steam Mop

By charko 1

I have the Shark Steam Mop S3101A. Instead of spending $40 for 4 extra pads I was wondering if anyone has used the microfiber cloths sold in the stores? Did you have to double it?

Charko from Deerfield Beach, FL

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Linh 1 Flag

This is a late reply but if you still need the pad, you can order it from ebay for about $5 for two. They're shipped from China so it's much cheaper.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning Carpets With a Steam Mop

Will a steam mop clean lightly dirty carpets?

By Langdon

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Using Vinegar in a Holme Steam Mop

Can I use a solution of vinegar and water in my Holme steam mop to clean my carpet?

By Janice

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Febreze for Steam Mops

I saw a bottle of Febreze for steam mops. Which steam mop can I use for it?

By Florence F

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: Anyone Used the Shark Steam Mop?

Has anyone tried the Shark Steam mop? I saw that someone on here tried the H2O mop and didn't like it. The Shark is very similar. So I don't know if it is any better? I am looking for an easier way to clean my floors, tile and wood.

Glea

Answers:

RE: Anyone Used the Shark Steam Mop?

I have a steam mop. And I love it! Mine is the Steamfast one. It was about $70? My hubby bought it for me. It just uses water. It can also break down and put different parts on so it's a hand held steamer as well. Which is great for cleaning some things. Not that I do it a lot! The only down fall is it only came with one cheap cloth cover. I made 3 more out of microfiber towels. My floors are clean!! and i don't have to really work! (elbow grease!) I use it all the time on my tile and often on my old wood floors.
(01/09/2008)

By heather

RE: Anyone Used the Shark Steam Mop?

I recently bought a Shark steam mop and so far so good. I actually didn't try it out yet, hubby did! He used it on tile floor in the kitchen and eating area and it really looked nice and clean afterwards and it dried very quickly. There was no waiting for a really wet floor to dry like there is when you use a regular mop and bucket. Hubby thought it was a nice machine and seemed he got the floor done very quickly. It makes plenty of steam and you only use water in it! I want to use it a while to see that we really like it. I bought it from Target online. They were offering free shipping. I think with tax it came to around $80. It came with 2 pads and they are easy to wash in the washing machine. You never want to use bleach or fabric softener on the pads though! (01/10/2008)

By Debbie52

RE: Anyone Used the Shark Steam Mop?

I bought the H2O mop and it was JUNK! I am going to get the shark, I see that it gets pretty good reviews in households similar to mine. (03/27/2008)

By shelley

RE: Anyone Used the Shark Steam Mop?

I just got a Shark Steam mop for mother's day! What an awesome gift! This Mop went way above my expectations. I have OCDs when it comes to house cleaning and am used to washing the floor on hands and knees. Not anymore with this little whiz. This will no doubt be right up there with my swivel sweeper as things I can't live with out! * note if your floor is really dirty you may notice a bit of dirt and grime along the baseboards. No biggie grab a wipe and bam it's gone. SO if your on the fence about this mop, just buy it you will not be disappointed! (05/30/2008)

By Marcy W from Chicago

RE: Anyone Used the Shark Steam Mop?

Hi, I just recently purchased mine Shark steam mop. I ordered it after I had seen it on TV. I was very disappointed, because I also ordered extra pads, which were placed in the steamer's box and I was charged more than $30.00 for shipping, instead of $15.00. You could find this product much cheaper on the Internet. Anyway, I tried it only once. Pros: easy to handle, clean nicely, you don't need to use chemicals, the head is slim so you could clean corners and under cabinets as well (I believe you cannot do the same with Blissel). It is fast to clean with as you do not need to water and clean the mop over and over again so you save time. It seems to dry immediately. It automatically adjust the steam by the movements of the mop.

Cons: The balance of the mop is extremely bad, it fell on the floor every time I had to leave it unattended and I did not support it with something, it left some streaks on the floor, there is no off/on switch on the mop, so you always have to unplug it, where the floor was dirty, I had to move the mop really slowly to clean it up.

Overall: I love the steam mop idea. I read a lot of reviews before I purchased it, and it seems there are some defects you just cannot avoid (exp.: streaks, etc). However, I strongly recommend that to follow the user guide. Use distilled water (it basically not an extra cost because you do not need too much water to operate the mop) (less streaks), wash the pads before first use (more efficiency), vacuum the floor before using the mop (it does not pick up the dirt, this is not the main purpose of a steam mop, if the floor is too dirty you will just move the dirt around instead of cleaning the floor, etc.).

So far I like Shark and as I already mentioned, the other mops have basically the same cons. Steam is steam, cleans without chemical and kills germs. (06/10/2008)

By Susanna

RE: Anyone Used the Shark Steam Mop?

For more reviews:

http://www.buyzillion.com/B000V4Q8GA/Reviews/Euro-Pro+Shark+S3101+Electric+Steam.html (06/10/2008)

By Susanna

RE: Anyone Used the Shark Steam Mop?

It does not seem too good.
http://www.nbc4.com/consumer/16515160/detail.html (06/10/2008)

By

Archive: H2O Mop-As Seen on TV

Anyone used the H2O mop (as advertised on TV) and have an opinion on it?

Debbie from Vallejo, CA

Answers:

RE: H2O Mop-As Seen on TV

I have the Shark brand & I love it! Much easier on my bad back, and I clean my floors much more often! You can go here:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cleaning/msg09095752891.html
and read several reviews on the one you are inquiring about.
(12/11/2007)

By iliao93

RE: H2O Mop-As Seen on TV

Tried the H20 mop, didn't like it at all.
Found that is was: too heavy, had a small water reservoir so I had to refill too often, the cord was too short to reach one end of my living room to the other, It says, safe for hardwood and the steam dries in seconds, it doesn't, it sits on the floor.
The good news is that they do honor the money back guarantee.
My money was returned promptly (except the shipping and handling).
(12/11/2007)

By PICO

RE: H2O Mop-As Seen on TV

I have had the H2O mop for a couple of months now & love it. It really gets into the corners, and around the toilets, just like in the commercial. As far as the floors staying too wet, it depends on how much steam you allow out at one time. The only issue I have with it, is that I cannot get it to stand upright without leaning it on something. Otherwise, I love it!

Trish in CT (12/24/2007)

By GirlNumber5

RE: H2O Mop-As Seen on TV

A rip off. Used this piece of junk today. The floors got wet and slippery and didn't dry like it said. The cord is short and had to use an extension. Didn't clean like it said and can't get your money back. It doesn't even have an off and on switch. You have to unplug it. Not worth $10 and to think I gave away $235. (02/25/2008)

By mary

RE: H2O Mop-As Seen on TV

I used this product and found that it was amazing. It really got all of the places that I couldn't get with a regular mop. Thank you for making this product! :) (03/01/2008)

By Sandra D.

RE: H2O Mop-As Seen on TV

JUNK! (03/23/2008)

By Bulu

RE: H2O Mop-As Seen on TV

I ordered the h2O over a week ago and I paid extra for quick shipping, and I have not received it yet. So far I am disappointed. If I don't get it soon I will just return it and go with a different product. I can't even find an 800 number on it so that I can call to see what the status is on my order. I really hope it shows up soon cause I was really excited to try this. (04/23/2008)

By Michele

RE: H2O Mop-As Seen on TV

I love mine and I have a friend who can't use cleaners as they affect her asthma. She will love it. I am over 50 and mopping hurts my back. Any one that has back problems knows this and I didn't find this one heavy at all. In fact it was so much easier than mopping that I was amazed anyone could have a negative opinion about it.

My tile floors dried quickly and I have a large dog that normally slipped on wet floors. This doesn't even make him slide. I have seen what comes up off the floor using this product even after I mopped conventional style with cleaners. I feel that my floors including my bathroom are 100% clean. I have small children (grandchildren) who visit often and little boys have a tendency to miss the toilet. It was imperative that I have something that cleans thoroughly. If you sent it back it is my feeling it was misused.

I hardly ever have to fill the reservoir. It is a lot less than all the buckets of mop water I had to replace. It was not difficult and was easy on my body. I love it, and I am confused by some of these other comments on this product. I am buying several more for family members as I consider it phenomenal. (07/06/2008)

By Patti

RE: H2O Mop-As Seen on TV

YES! I purchased the H20 Mop late last spring and I LOVE it! I was very skeptical before buying, as many products advertised and sold on infomercials end up leaving A LOT to be desired once you purchase it, get it home and try to make it do what it seemed to do on TV. However, THIS product does indeed do EXACTLY what it is advertised to do. In fact, I honestly can say I will NEVER go back to a regular mop. The H20 is FABULOUS!

I have only used it once on carpeting, and the stain was fairly new, not old, and it did work to get that stain out, but I haven't yet tried it on old stains or large areas of carpet, but I think it will likely work. Nonetheless even if it didn't work on carpeting, what it does for linoleum and hardwood floors alone, makes it well worth the money. I HIGHLY recommend you try this product! Enjoy! (09/28/2008)

By Heather

RE: H2O Mop-As Seen on TV

I have trouble carrying buckets full of water due to having fibromyalgia, I now have the H20 mop and LOVE IT. The mop glides easy, is not heavy, has a very long cord and is light weight. The best thing is, I can now do my floors myself. It has increased my independence because I can do it myself. I can't wait to order the disposable pads. (10/12/2008)

By Donna T dmanch6795 AT aol.com

RE: H2O Mop-As Seen on TV

This is probably the most useless item I have ever purchased. It did not clean my floor, shower or anything else I tried it on. When you return it, you are stuck with about $45 in shipping & handling charges, plus YOU have to pay to return it. What a ripoff! (11/18/2008)

By Nan M.

I'm looking for reviews on a product called the Steam Shark. Do you like it, and is it worth the price?

Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

Feedback:

RE: Anyone Used the Shark Steam Mop?

It works well on wood floors, but my tile has a little texture to it and it won't go across it so I end up mopping anyway. All in all, I now know I could've done without it. If I had smooth or slick floors all around I would probably like it more. I wish I had gotten something besides the Shark, something that I could also use by hand to clean cabinet fronts, etc. (08/13/2008)

By Mary

RE: Anyone Used the Shark Steam Mop?

Okay, pad is hard to get on right and it's very hard to push, but it does get the job done, also pads are hard to wash. (08/15/2008)

By Erik

RE: Anyone Used the Shark Steam Mop?

I love it. I used to clean my kitchen and bathroom floors on hands and knees, this only takes 5 minutes and the floors are clean. Sometimes you have to go over a couple of times, but they come out clean. The only thing the replacement pads seem to be a little pricey. I have not bought any yet so maybe they might come down in price, because it is so new. (08/18/2008)

By Fran

RE: Anyone Used the Shark Steam Mop?

Shark Mop was junk. I have used both, the Shark and the H2O stem mops. I absolutely love the H2O mop. The Shark mop left a mess on my floors (laminate wood and tile), took much longer to dry than the H2O and the water chamber is much smaller. You also have to pump the water into the chamber on the Shark model, whereas the H2O is a constant flow of steam. I returned the Shark mop and kept the H2O mop. (01/04/2009)

By Jenn

RE: Anyone Used the Shark Steam Mop?

I've had my Shark Steam Mop for about a year now and it's just about the only thing I use on my floors now. I love it. If my floors are extremely dirty (spills, mud, etc) I will damp mop it first. But otherwise I use the Steam Mop exclusively and my floors have never been cleaner. My white socks even stay white.

Sometimes I will add just a touch of Mr Clean with Febreze to the water, but usually I use plain tap water. It has an extremely long cord so I don't have to keep unplugging and plugging. It only takes about 15 seconds to heat up. And it's so lightweight it's very easy to use. And it dries in seconds, too.

The only problem I have with it, is the pads are fairly expensive. But I found a way around that, too. I found patterns (one knit, one crochet) to make my own pad covers for it and plan to make several.
I would, and have, recommend it to anyone. (04/19/2009)

By Cricketnc

Archive: H2O Mop Reviews (As Seen on TV)

Anyone use the H2O mop?

By Colleen from Dayton, OH

Feedback:

RE: H2O Mop Reviews (As Seen on TV)

I almost purchased it a store but noticed that the terry cloth pad cover on the bottom was wrinkling up because of the poor fit. Having experienced something like this years ago with a dry mop, I decided against it. The dry mop's terry pad would bunch up in 2 or 3 places and develop horizontal stripes of dirt while the rest of the terry pad would remain much cleaner. So it wasn't cleaning very effectively. (11/19/2008)

By cookwie

RE: H2O Mop Reviews (As Seen on TV)

Love it, love it, love it. I had no problem with the terry cloth covers. The toggle tighteners work very well. It was superior in removing dried paint splatters off a hardwood floor. It did a very good job steaming out cat throw up stains off my carpet (plus I knew it was completely sanitized and smell free). It gets into the nooks and crannys around the sink and toilet with great ease. And the washable terry cloth covers are good and tough. I would highly recommend this product. (11/19/2008)

By hedera

RE: H2O Mop Reviews (As Seen on TV)

Just an addition to some comments. My H2o cord is very long. It is lightweight, easy to maneuver, and most certainly not a product you would have to stoop over to use. The on and off switch is large and on the underside of the handle. It takes approximately 27 seconds from plugging it in to using it, full steam ahead.

I can clean well over 350 sq. feet of ceramic, laminate, and vinyl flooring, and still have water in the reservoir. I am not sure how anyone would use it to clean a shower? Good Luck. (11/19/2008)

By hedera

RE: H2O Mop Reviews (As Seen on TV)

I bought one from ebay. I like how you use about a cup to 2 cups of water instead of a bucket of water, but it does not dry straight away like the advert, that's false advertising. Plus when they do a test with wiping a paper towel over the floor after mopping with an ordinary mop, the paper towel was dirty. Then they do the same test using the steam mop, and the paper towel came out clean. This is false advertising too, because I tried it and the paper towel was dirty with both mops. Mine came with 2 micro cloths and they both have 2 holes in them. (11/24/2008)

By jas69

RE: H2O Mop Reviews (As Seen on TV)

Well, I'm pleased with the H2O mop. I do my house (1300 sq ft ) in 15 mins, including going over with a dry cloth. But the untold story is the unique use I found for it. It kills the weeds in my garden. I took off the micro fiber pad and just steamed the patch of weeds. Next day they all were dead. (11/29/2008)

By Shira M

RE: H2O Mop Reviews (As Seen on TV)

Just thought I would put in my two cents on the H2O Mop. I ordered it three weeks ago and received it within one week after being told it would take 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. I was anxious to try it, and as of today, I have used it 4 times. All it does is throw the water around on my floor. I've followed the directions precisely, and really don't see any difference in my floors (they are all tile) than when I used a mop and bucket of water!

Today after trying yet another time I decided I was going to send it back, after all they do have the 30 day money back guarantee. First, when I told them I wanted an RA number to send it back, I was asked if I would like a 20% discount to keep it. I said no. I was then given the number and instructions that I would have to send it through a trackable venue (FedEx or UPS), and pay the shipping myself. Now there is another issue. I purchased this mop by the TV infomercial. They stated shipping was $14.95. I was told shipping was $14.95 when I called to order it. I broke my payments into 3 $33 payments. My first payment was approximately $47.

When I got the bill with the mop it states shipping is $34.78! When I questioned it, I was told the $14.95 was shipping for the hand held steam cleaner that I got as a "free gift". (By the way...it's a piece of junk that doesn't work worth a darn either). And the shipping on the mop itself was $19.95. Now that is NOT what I was told, nor what the TV commercial said! False advertising?

In addition, you do not get your shipping back. You only get the cost of the mop returned. At any rate, since it will cost me approximately $45 to ship the darn thing back, I've decided to hold onto it, pay the balance and decorate it with Christmas ornaments and set it in my front window! Lol!

Seriously though, I read through some of the "testimonials" on their website, and thought I'd try the vinegar and water solution. It actually made the mop work a little better! Still not anything like they show on TV, but it did get some of the dirt off my tiles. It did not take the stain out of my carpet however. And as for drying at the same time....nada. I still have to wait a half hour for my floors to dry after I use it.

So, just my opinion of the thing. Certainly not worth the $99 they ask for it. So just make sure before you purchase that you know all the details. Especially if you decide not to keep it. The company doesn't even have an 800 number to call. So on top of shipping you pay for a long distance call to Reno, NV as well!

Happy Mopping! Laney (11/29/2008)

By Laney47

RE: H2O Mop Reviews (As Seen on TV)

I actually really like it. We ordered ours off the TV. My husband wanted it and I thought he was crazy. I don't know that it can magically remove stains from carpets or anything but it works better than any mop and bucket I've ever tried. It doesn't dry instantly, but come on now it dries pretty darn quick. Most of all I like that I don't have that swiffer sticky stuff on my floor that I had after using my swiffer wet jet. It's a good product. (12/01/2008)

By Mom of 2

RE: H2O Mop Reviews (As Seen on TV)

I love it! As the mom of two little ones and 1800 square feet of tile and laminate wood floors downstairs, I hated to mop and every cleaning product I tried left residue on my laminate. I am not one to buy infomercial products, fortunately, my friend purchased the H2O mop! I borrowed it once and ordered my own! It doesn't leave any residue, dries VERY quickly and I am able to clean a large area easily and quickly. The only part I have to scrub separately once in a while is the grout. I have not tried it on my carpet yet.

*I also tried the "Shark" steam mop. I returned it! It left water and streaks and smears everywhere and you have to constantly pump water into the chamber pushing the handle up and down. Much more work than the H2O. Also, the cleaning pad didn't come clean at all! (01/04/2009)

By Jenn

RE: H2O Mop Reviews (As Seen on TV)

I hate the H2O mop. It does not work as advertised on the infomercial. It leaves my floor soaking wet, doesn't get into the corner at all, is heavy to push and seems to push hair and tiny pieces of dirt all around the floor-even when you sweep very well, it does not dissolve dirt like on TV. The cloth doesn't fit the mop and the attachment for carpet is a joke, it just leaves the carpet sopping wet.

It is much easier to use a mop and bucket. I went on vacation and didn't return this mop in time, so I'm stuck with it. I would like to try the other steam mops like the shark. Save your money and don't purchase this. (01/04/2009)

By Jackie Ohio

RE: H2O Mop Reviews (As Seen on TV)

I just bought this on TV and used it for the 1st time this weekend and I thought it was awesome! I did try it on a stain in the carpet and didn't have any luck removing it, but as far as the floors are concerned, I thought it worked great! (01/12/2009)

By Sandy

RE: H2O Mop Reviews (As Seen on TV)

I ordered an H2O Flo steam mop from Luxentia company, and you would not believe how good it works on floors of any kind. (01/16/2009)

By JJ.

RE: H2O Mop Reviews (As Seen on TV)

Love this! To keep your floors from becoming too wet, replace the terry cloth with a new one after using it for 10-15 minutes. That will help to make it dry quicker. Will also make your floor extra sanitary! This is my favorite cleaning tool. My house is loaded with wood floors and marble. This is the way to go. Conserve water/no chemicals! Woo hoo! (01/29/2009)

By Renee

RE: H2O Mop Reviews (As Seen on TV)

My mother bought me this mop from Bed, Bath and Beyond and it works okay. The floor looks clean enough but when you do the paper towel test, it still picks up dirt you can't see with the naked eye. So I don't see how the mop can get those germs (like they show on the commercial) by the toilet. I hesitate to say it's really clean. I also have a problem with the statement that there is "no smell".

I beg to differ. From the moment I turned it on the first time with the brand new pad (clean unused). The steam coming out and the floor afterward (actually the whole room) smelled like a smelly sweat sock or a locker room after all the athletes have come in from playing for hours. It just has a very unpleasant smell. And as I said this is from the start.

The water from my faucet is not the problem. No smell there. It has to be the machine or the pads. Also it is very tough to move around the floor for a while. They make it look like it floats over the floor. I haven't tried any carpet cleaning with it yet. It gets the spilled stuff off the floor and makes it look somewhat clean.

I am tempted to get one of those special black lights that shows the bacteria to see if that is also a false advertisement because if the smell is that bad, I can't see how it can be actually leaving my floor clean. (02/20/2009)

By Terri

RE: H2O Mop Reviews (As Seen on TV)

H20 mop is junk, used ours a little over a year. It quit producing steam, called customer service, after almost 3 weeks received new body for 54.00 dollars, plugged it in produced steam for about 10-20- seconds then it quit working. Called customer service if that is what you call it, and after 20 mins on the phone I was told I should receive my parts in about 4-weeks. I told them to keep their parts. I would buy a new one at target or elsewhere, also another brand. (02/23/2009)

By Francis G.

RE: H2O Mop Reviews (As Seen on TV)

I've used the H2O mop for approx 10 months and loved it. Used on all my wood floors, left no streaks, and it didn't smear any dirt. Am surprised at some of the negative comments. I've never had any odors emitted from steam, water, or the machine. Although I do vacuum the surfaces to rid of pet hair and surface dust and crumbs prior to mopping. Only drawback - cord too short; upon unplugging to move into another plug, mop tipped over and the head connection cracked (plastic) and came apart from the handle portion. We are awaiting the replacement head and have been told it will be covered under the 1 yr warranty. Time will tell if H20 mop will make good on their warranty. (02/24/2009)

By denise

RE: H2O Mop Reviews (As Seen on TV)

The H2O mop is an expensive piece of junk. I have used this thing for almost a year and it constantly leaves puddles of water if you leave the steam on. The only way it works is to turn the steam off every few seconds, or your floors (especially wood floors) have water streaks and take forever to dry unless you go back over it with a dry towel. Then, the handle broke off and I thought it was covered by warranty, but I had to pay as much to have the "free" replacement part shipped as the part was worth. I would not recommend this thing to anyone. It is a great idea and could work great but obviously it has issues. I am going to try the "Shark" mop which I heard from reviews works better and does not leave so much water behind. Hopefully the warranty is better too. (06/08/2009)

By cmott

RE: H2O Mop Reviews (As Seen on TV)

They don't tell you your floors need to be sealed or you'll damage the floor. It looks very cheap. I was suppose to get a $50 Walmart card for trying out their discount service and it never came. We returned it per their paperwork for a full refund and they continued to charge our credit card for the full payment. Their option to check on status of returns goes dead when I called it. Of course their line for new orders is answered promptly and they tell you to fax your tracking number to them to investigate what happened. It's unfortunate these infomercials are even allowed on TV. (08/29/2009)

By ajame13

RE: H2O Mop Reviews (As Seen on TV)

I actually think it works pretty good on hard floor surfaces, removing sticky and stubborn spots; however, I bought one for my carpet to have for quick clean up of small spills. It does not work that great on carpet. I happened to have some professional strength cleaner that I bought when Sears came and cleaned my carpets and along with the mop it looks pretty good, but water alone will not clean carpet. (09/30/2009)

By choppershopper

Archive: Bissell Steam Mop Made My Wood Floors Look Cloudy

I just steam cleaned my wood floors with the Bissell Steam Mop and my floors have turned cloudy and look dirty. Any ideas out there to fix this? Bissell had nothing.

Laura from Lakeland, LA

Feedback:

RE: Bissell Steam Mop Made My Wood Floors Look Cloudy

Could it be that the steam lightened up the wax on the floor? It should go back to clear when dry. (04/30/2007)

By Diamondee

I think it is buildup on your floors from the Orange Glow. I used to use this and would get cloudy "areas" whenever I got water on the floors. I ended up having to strip the floors by hand with vinegar and water scrubbing with Teflon scrub sponge, big job, but I'm happy now.

Now I use my steam mop and love it, no chemicals no buildup. I used to like the look of the "shine" from the Orange Glow, but now I realize the original finish of my floors looks great without the buildup. (01/09/2009)

By Jenny

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsOctober 18, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
Steam Cleaner
Steam Cleaner Doesn't Release Steam
Terrycloth Mop
Finding a Terrycloth Mop
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:14:34 AM on 10.0.1.188 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestionsArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings