Washer Not Draining or Spinning

My Whirlpool washer will not drain or spin. Anyone have any ideas?

By Jeanette from FL

Answers:

Washer Not Draining or Spinning

This just recently happened to my washer; and my answer assumes yours is a top-loader also. There's a little post on the door that, when closed, lines up with a hole on the main body of the washer. It's for safety. If the post doesn't poke all the way in and push down, the washer won't drain/spin. My door somehow got a little bent, and so it didn't work the way it should. To test if that's it, get the washer going and with the door up, somehow hold the button down (in the hole of the main body). It should start to drain at the correct time. If it does, then that's what the problem is.

The way I fixed it was to remove the 1/4-inch thick rubber washer from the stick portion. That rubber washer was not allowing the door to settle all the way down (and thus the stick didn't poke deep enough into the button). (07/18/2010)

By Joanne

Washer Not Draining or Spinning
washing machine
Washer Not Spinning Properly
Top Loading Washer
Top Loading Washer Not Draining
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
Front Loading Washer
Front Loading Washer Not Spinning
🎄