Wax on a sweater

I had lit my candles and when I was about to go out the door I blew them out. Well I forgot that one of them had never been lit before and was full of wax. Well the candle wax got all over me and my sweater. Any suggestions please let me know. Thank you very much.

Answers:

Wax on a sweater

To get the wax out of your sweater, put a piece of paper towel or an old clean rag over the wax and iron over the paper towel/rag. Most of the wax should come off onto the paper toweling. If there is a stain left by the color from the wax, dissolve a couple of tablespoons of borax into water as hot as you can stand without burning yourself, and let it sit or rub it a bit , and the stain should be totally gone. If you can't use hot water without damaging the sweater, try lukewarm water, and leave it to soak about 5 minutes, then rince thoroughly in lukewarm water.This should do the trick quite well.Best of luck,colbren (06/25/2002)

By micospen

Wax on a sweater

The paper towel and iron thing works well. Spray and wash, as well as lestoil also help get the residue or color mark off the clothing as well! (08/13/2004)

By Lily

Wax on a sweater

I am a 13 year old boy and just got wax on my school pants. My mum was not in the room at the time. The second it happend. I turned to google. I found this. I done exacly wat it said. I used a tea-towel instead and in seconds it had gone. Thank-you. So saved me from lots of trouble
(08/03/2005)

By Francis

Wax on a sweater

Amazing! I thought I had ruined my sweater! Thank You! (12/17/2005)

By Devon

Wax on a sweater

I'm amazed!!! I spilt some wax on my pyjamas and did the iron-papertowel-thing. I didnt expect it to work but it did. wow!!! (08/05/2006)

By Lauren

Candle Wax on a Sweater
Cardigan made from altering a sweater.
Make a Cardigan From a Sweater
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
candle
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
Using Leftover Candle Wax, Melted Candles
Using Leftover Candle Wax
🎉
🎄