What Color Should I Paint My Kitchen Cabinets?

My kitchen has shoulder height white bead-board, with red paint above. The floor, which I can't change right now is beige vinyl. The countertops (which may change) are wood-grain, and the cabinets are 80s oak. I have stainless and black appliances. What color can I paint the cabinets? White will make the whole room too white. Would gray work? Help.

By Margie from CT

Answers:

Actually since beige and wood-tones are neutral colors you could use any color that you like that would go with the red walls. I'm a firm believer in doing what you like in decorating. I have also read several articles that say when you have a large area of color in a room that color is also considered a neutral, which would mean that the red would also be a neutral and of course white is a neutral too. (03/30/2010)

By redhatterb

I agree with the cream. Or I like to think of butter cream because it has a touch of yellow and is very warm. I think it would be nice with the red, depending on the hue of your red and would also compliment the appliances as well. Good luck! (04/03/2010)

By sking18

White beadboard is very attractive in any room of the home. Now, if you are thinking of changing your counter tops, have you ever thought of painting them? I just did mine and I am so pleased with how they turned out. You can do a search on here for how to do them. You could also paint your cabinets, too. Here is a link to a thrifyfun.com page that I uploaded my kitchen before and after photos. They are closer to the top of the page. Look for the pictures by Amyof3

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf999197.tip.html

As far as if you leave everything the way it is except the paint color itself, you could go with more of a burgundy red instead of a bright bold red. You could paint the cabinets a soft white, and go with a sage green color on the walls, which would look very crisp with yhe white bead board. I do not think painting the cabinets white would clash at all.

Here is a photo of my kitchen with the floor view which is beige as well, and the sage green part is wood paneling that I painted too. I was in the process of painting my pink marble counter tops to the tan. (08/17/2010)

By Amyof3

RE: What Color Should I Paint My Kitchen Cabinets?

Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
🎉
🎄