What Color Should I Paint My Kitchen Walls?

My kitchen walls are painted with Sherwin Williams Copper Pot. I would love help in picking out a beige/tan color for my dining room that will compliment it. I prefer that the beige/tan does not have green or peach undertones.

By anicole72 from Nova

Answers:

I'd pick up a slew of paint chips and hold them at arms length near, but not on the walls. Try it in every kind of light you'll see in that room, daylight on sunny and cloudy days, with and without turning on lights, etc. I've found that holding it up against the wall just brings out the contrast between that and the old paint. My color memory isn't good, so what I think might look good in the paint store sometimes looks yucky in my room. That's why I get lots of chips. By the way, there are some nice paints out there with no smell, off-gassing, or toxic materials. I've been really happy with Freshaire. (09/26/2009)

By Recovering Spendthrift

Group of people holding painting supplies and samples in a white kitchen
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Cleaning Smoke Stains from Walls
Cleaning Smoke Off Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Walls Multiple Colors
Painting Walls Multiple Colors
🎉
🎄