What Color To Paint Kitchen With Maple Cabinets and Granite Counter Tops

Need help picking out paint color for kitchen. New Maple spice cabinets. Granite counter tops are gold leaf, looks more tan/brown then gold. Floors will be light maple. No window in kitchen, not a bit of light. Please suggest color for walls. Was advised to look for a melon without going towards orange. Is there such a color?

hopeyoucanhelp from Columbus, OH

Answers:

They probably meant something like peach or apricot. Those colors or lemon yellow would brighten things up. (11/30/2007)

By perfume and powder

I would go with a sage green to counteract the yellow tones of the maple floor. My kitchen has pale maple floors and pale maple cabinets and white tops (not my choices), so I added red wherever possible: valance, pictures, and canisters. No window. You could put a mirror over the sink and even put fluffy curtains around it to simulate a window. I once used an old barn window and attached a mirror behind that and hung a gingham valance over the top. (12/01/2007)

By Glenn'sMom

Use light colored paint since there are no windows.
Additional accessories could be brighter colored to balance the neutral tones: lemon, red, or brass, etc. (12/01/2007)

By Lorelei

I chose a color for my master bath at Home Depot. It is a Behr brand and the color is Guava Jam. It sounds like something you might like. It's in the same spectrum as peach or apricot. The lightest shade on the card was called Powdered Petals which I thought was too girly since my hubby has to share my bath. (12/01/2007)

By MartyD

Hold paint swatches up against the cabinets until you find one that coordinates. I'd lean toward yellows since you say you have no windows. I live in a shaded home with small windows and appreciate your situation. (12/05/2007)

By Carol in PA

Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
A nice kitchen with granite countertops and white cabinets.
Coordinating Granite Countertops With Kitchen Cabinets
Before photo of painted laminate countertop.
Polishing Counter Tops
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Maple Tree
Growing Maple Trees
🎄