What are These Bugs?

Help! I have small black bugs that resemble fleas all in my doorways, windows of my kitchen, and underneath the cabinets. I do not know how to get rid of them and the exterminator was no help! He could not identify them. Thank you for your help.

By bsandy1 from Tampa, FL

I don't know what they are called either, but they have bored into an old wooden table that I have, and they also get into any foods that are left opened, even in the spices if the lids aren't on right. You will have to look in things like opened cereal boxes, cornstarch, spices with the twist lids, rice, flour, etc, and throw out anything they are in. Empty all of your cabinets, and vac them out, then clean well with dilute bleach. In future, keep things like cereal in the plastic cereal storage boxes, and keep spices in zip bags if they have the twisty strainer type lids.

I had to take my table outside, spray it well with roach killer, left it for 3 days, then scrubbed it well with bleach water.

They just look like specs in the photos. Any chance you can get a close-up of one?

It's hard to tell by the picture but if they are what I think they are (don't know their name) they are harmless and just annoying ;-)

They look too large to be the kind that get in to dry food products. Now those are really, really annoying ;-) lol!

Perhaps take a closer shot of them and post just to be sure?

Try spraying them with isopropyl alcohol. It's worked for me with a few types of bugs. And I hope you didn't pay the idiot exterminator who shouldn't be in the extermination business if they can't identify bugs.

If you can use take another pic through a magnifying glass to give you a close up of your insect for identification.

Home and Garden Pest Control BugsAugust 12, 2009
Pill Bugs
Getting Rid of Pill Bugs
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
June Bug
Getting Rid of June Bugs
🎉
🎄