Removing Bugs from Your Car

Summer driving can often result in the grill of your car being covered in bugs. Get your car clear of bugs with these helpful tips. This is a guide about removing bugs from your car.

My Air Force buddy came to visit me from Oregon and the front of his car just covered with bugs. His wife said can you give me a little baking soda? I said sure, she mixed it with some car wash soap in a 5 gallon bucket. Took a wash cloth and proceeded to wash off the bugs. Gave it a rinse. They were gone, clean gone off the front of the car. Remember how we would rub and rub with those tar and bug solutions and still get no where? That "stuff" really works.

By Kenneth G. Berger from Beecher IL.

Tips for removing bugs that are stuck to your car's windshield or paint. Post your ideas.

Answers

Best Answer

My husband drives a cab that he has to clean after each ride. He asked me to make up my 'special' glass cleaner because it works better than the products the company had purchased. I mix a few drops of Dawn liquid dishwashing soap with about a tablespoon of ammonia, 1/4 cup of vinegar and water to fill a spray bottle that holds about 32 oz.

Shake it before you spray it on. Leave it at least 2 minutes then use a rag to wipe it off. If you have a lot of bugs that have been there awhile, leave the spray on for 5-10 minutes before wiping.

How do I remove bugs from the front of a vehicle? I have heard to use kerosene, but am not sure if this will damage the paint.

By Mick

Answers

Best Answer

I fill a spray bottle with baking soda and water and spray the bugs - let sit just a bit then scrub with nylon net. Works good!

What is an easy way to clean bugs off of a vehicle?

Answers

Best Answer

Spray down your car and wipe with used dryer sheets.

I have a 2011 Camaro, and I hate bugs on it. A friend gave me the cleaning product Fantastik Orange Action to remove bugs. It works great, but will the orange oil mess up the paint?

By Shannon W.

Answers

Best Answer

Be careful! I was told I shouldn't even use dish detergent on my car. It can mess up the clear coat. Be safe and go to an auto parts store and purchase something made for it

Use baking soda on a moist sponge and they just soften right up and wash off. Easy and inexpensive, and won't scratch the finish!

Dyann