When Something Breaks, Contact the Manufacturer

When something breaks around your home, do NOT be afraid to go on-line and write a nice e-mail to the company that makes that item and ask for help.

The spigot recently broke off our Brita water filter and I e-mailed the company to ask about how to get a new spigot - I was willing to pay for a new one. The company sent me a new part absolutely FREE! (And our filter system was way out of guarantee.)

Also - my Fiskars craft punch was giving me fits recently so I e-mailed the company to inquire about the way to sharpen them. Fiskars sent me a brand spanking new one for FREE and I had that punch for years. I was told it didn't matter - they were still replacing it for free!

Many companies will send out replacements for free! And what's the harm in asking. It can sure a whole lot of hard earned cash to just take a moment and send an e-mail!

By Sue

Answers:

I had a Leap Pad that the pen quit working on. When I called them they asked for my address, and in about 2 week sent me a new pen. It sure beats giving up on an expensive toy or product that you have bought. I have also called food companies and received free coupons when their product was not right. (08/31/2004)

By Stacy in El Paso