Identifying a Vintage Chair

The best way to identify a chair is to find the manufacturer's markings on the bottom or legs. Short of that you can research on-line or contact a vintage furniture specialist for an appraisal.

I have searched everywhere trying to find out the style and who made this chair wit a rush seat? I have had it for over 20 years and it has no markings at all. I have never had it repaired or done anything to it. Can anyone give me some ideas on where to look or if they have seen one like it?

Answers

Best Answer

The style is commonly called farmhouse style or country. The seats are rush woven. They are also sometimes referred to as ladder back (although yours only has 2 rungs and most true ladder back have 3 or more rungs).

There are thousands and thousands and thousands of these chairs out there. Are you tying to ID it to replace one? That may be a challenge searching through all of these to find an exact match.

If you are searching to try to value it, I can tell you generally chairs are hard to sell and you would need to talk to a vintage dealer to find out what they fetch in your area.

Looking to learn more!! If you could narrow down a year, I may be able to help more!! Thanks.

Best Answer

This is a knock off of a ladder back chair that they made in the very late 1990s. These chairs are not the true ladder back chairs and they were mass-produced to sell with dinning room sets during this time.

Would someone be able to assist me in the identification of this chair? There is one marking present, on the underside of the seat stamped into a brass plate.

The marking reads BT. 51766

Thank you for your help.

Answers

Best Answer

That mark does not sound familiar. What do they want for it?

If it is under 20 I say scoop it up if the answers to the questions below follow suit:

1. Does the brass plate seem like an original? How and where is it affixed--underneath on the leather or on the wood? Is it possible that the rest of the name is worn off?

2. Is the damage to the front an easy repair? I can see the damage, but the angle of it makes repair potential hard to determine.

3. Is all of the wood in good shape?

4. Does it pass the sit test (no wobbles or creaks)?

5. No bad smells?

MCM like chairs are hot right now, so if it was cheap enough, and you could fix the damage, this may be a lovely flip piece!

Post back what you decide!!

What kind of chair is this and what era was this made in? I've looked and came up with either barrel chair or spider leg club chair. Help please y'all.

Answers

Best Answer

It can also be called a bucket chair. I would date it in the late 1950s or early 1960s.

I recently inherited this beautiful small pink chair. I tried looking everywhere to see how much it is possibly worth and what kind of chair it is, but I cannot find anything remotely like it. I consider it being a slipper chair, vanity chair, boudoir chair, and an accent chair.

However I'm not sure if it's even considered vintage, antique, or just modern day. Can anybody help me and find out how much this chair is worth?

Answers

This is a lovely chair. If you cannot find identifying markings, go to a dealer and ask for a verbal appraisal.

Consumer Advice Collectibles Furniture Vintage FurnitureDecember 6, 2019
🎄
🎉

Generated 2019-12-07 22:08:04 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️