Vintage FurnitureFurniture

Identifying a Vintage Chair

I have searched everywhere trying to find out the style and who made this chair wit a rush seat? I have had it for over 20 years and it has no markings at all. I have never had it repaired or done anything to it. Can anyone give me some ideas on where to look or if they have seen one like it?

Many companies make this. You need to find an identifying marking to assess value and age.

Go on google,or E-Bay and upload a photo of your item.Specialists will give you an idea of what is worth.

You should attend an appraisal day.They will know what to look for.
You should also go over it with a magnifying glass and markk anything you find down and search with that information.

The style is commonly called farmhouse style or country. The seats are rush woven. They are also sometimes referred to as ladder back (although yours only has 2 rungs and most true ladder back have 3 or more rungs).

There are thousands and thousands and thousands of these chairs out there. Are you tying to ID it to replace one? That may be a challenge searching through all of these to find an exact match.

If you are searching to try to value it, I can tell you generally chairs are hard to sell and you would need to talk to a vintage dealer to find out what they fetch in your area.

Looking to learn more!! If you could narrow down a year, I may be able to help more!! Thanks.

This is a reproduction,it has a similar look of a ladder back chair.This is a nice chair,but not worth much because of it's mass produced,

This is a knock off of a ladder back chair that they made in the very late 1990s. These chairs are not the true ladder back chairs and they were mass-produced to sell with dinning room sets during this time.

Consumer Advice Collectibles Furniture Vintage FurnitureOctober 11, 2019
🎃