Where Can I Find Plastic Film for Windows?

It's nobody's favorite, but plastic film can be a good short-term solution to poor performing windows, especially traditional stormwindows. Installed on the outside, it helps reduce air infiltration. The negative side of this is that it may frost over, reducing visibility and creating moisture problems. If placed on the inside, it can help stop heat through leaky windows. The other side of this is that the glue can damage stain or paint once removed.

prasannaa

Answers:

Around here we can find the window film at Walmart (where the fans and air conditioners used to be), Lowes, or Home Depot. It is seasonal so that's why you might've had a hard time finding it up til now. (10/20/2006)

By Cheryl from MOi

I've been using plastic "shrink wrap" for a number of years. it makes a definite difference, and I've never had a problem with it. The kits can be purchased at K-mart, Home Depot, Walmart, etc. I buy a box of three and it comes with plenty of tape. Also, you can get the "extra large" size and one for sliding glass doors. If you take your time, they are invisible, once you have blow dried them. (10/20/2006)

By Jean from MI

Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows
Installing a New Window
Hiring Someone to Replace Your Windows
🎉
🎄