Whipped Cream Cheese

Does anyone have a recipe for making whipped and spreadable cream cheese like you buy in the grocery store? Thanks for your help.

Mike

Answers:

Whipped Cream Cheese

What I do is to put some milk or cream in my block of cream cheese and whip it with my mixer until I get the consistency I want. I then transfer it to a covered plastic container. I find this lasts for awhile as well. I sometimes mix some chives or pimentos or whatever you like into it as well. Tastes great and I don't have to pay a high price or whipped cream cheese as it is always more expensive then the block. Hope this helps.

Carolyn (06/29/2005)

By Carolyn

Whipped Cream Cheese

We buy a block of cream cheese and mix in a bit of strawberry syrup. We also use 1 block, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and a bit of Longaberger Cinnamon Pear Caramel sauce. (08/10/2005)

By Kim

Whipped Cream Cheese

I followed Carolyn's recipe, and it turned out great. I added maybe 1/4 cup of skim milk to about 16 oz. of cream cheese and worked it with my stand mixer for about 5 minutes. I started on low and then kept increasing the speed to the highest setting to get a good, whipped consistency. (07/20/2006)

By Jake