White Clothes Are Now Pink

I accidentally had a red shirt in washing machine with all my cotton whites. My underwear, my husbands and favorite white night shirts are now pink. I am soaking in Oxyclean overnight with bleach for colors. Any other idea if the clothes are still pink tomorrow?

Sue from FL

Answers:

White Clothes Are Now Pink

Rit makes Color Remover. It comes in a little white box with purple lettering. You can buy it at Walmart. My husband had washed a brand new pair of dark blue jeans with my cream sheets, and I used this stuff. Everything came out. I think they make stuff specifically for whites turned pink. Hope that helps!

By princslugi

White Clothes Are Now Pink

I love a product called Iron Out, made specifically for removing rust from clothes. You can find it in the cleaning isle of your grocery or department store.

By Tripleb

White Clothes Are Now Pink

I swear by this recipe. One half cup of Clorox bleach and one half cup of powdered Cascade in a gallon of warm water. Soak overnight.

By Sandy

White Clothes Are Now Pink

Old trusty chlorine bleach works great for 100% cotton whites. You have to be careful and follow the directions, though, because fabric can be weakened if it comes in direct contact with undiluted bleach.

By LizCar

White Clothes Are Now Pink

Rit also makes two other products with descriptions like whiteners/brighteners . Be sure to buy Rit "Color Remover" mentioned by princslugi rather than these whiteners/brighteners They are probably not strong enough to get the pink out. I have used the color remover and had good success.

By Claudia

White Clothes Are Now Pink

Put the clothes in a basin with your usual detergent. Boil a cut up lemon in about 1 cup of water for a couple of minutes. Add it to the clothes and let them soak. They will come out bright and white.

By Joanne

White Clothes Are Now Pink

I am dealing with a 20x30 flag that faded. soaking is out of the question. It will get worse. It has to be done by hand I will try the lemon. Rit color remover will not work, because it will affect the red.

Editor's Note: I recommend Oxiclean rather than the lemon juice, to get the white back to white and keep the red, red.

By April -Swift Flag

White Clothes Are Now Pink

Carbona Color Run Remover. Pink box, blue writing. You can find it at any store.

By Alicia

White Clothes Are Now Pink

Try soaking the clothing in cold water and salt. It seemed to help when my red dress with white flowers became a red dress with pink flowers.

By Tina

White Clothes Are Now Pink

Yeah, there is a product in the cleaner isle that is made for that. I think it was Tide. Check it out

By Alicia

Distressed woman in shirt that is white hombre to pink holding laundry detergent bottle
White Clothing Turned Pink
Nursery with pink walls.
Decorating Rooms With Pink Colored Walls
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
baby
Pink Eye Remedies for Babies
A pink stained shirt.
Bleach Has Made My Clothing Pink
🎉
🎄