White Vinegar instead of Jet-Dry

Use white vinegar as you rinse aid in your dishwasher instead of the costly Jet-dry, etc. for sparkling dishes!

Answers:

Instead of Jet Dry

In place of Jet Dry in your dishwasher fill the reservoir with white vinegar. It does the same job everything sparkles!

It's also much cheaper!

By cori (04/01/2005)

White Vinegar instead of Jet-Dry

Wouldn't the acidity in the vinegar eventually cause problems in the reservoir? (04/02/2005)

By Holly

White Vinegar instead of Jet-Dry

I've tried this and it doesn't work at all for me. We live in an area that has very hard water though, maybe that's why. (04/02/2005)

By alic65

White Vinegar instead of Jet-Dry

I tried this and it works beautifully! Our hard water scum dissolved after 2-3 washes with vinegar in the jet-dry dispenser. Much cheaper too! (06/18/2005)

By Sarah

White Vinegar instead of Jet-Dry

The acidity of vinegar is mild compared to most commercial hard-water scum removers, so I'm guessing this wouldn't be an issue in the Jet-Dry reservoir. Also, my white vinegar comes in a plastic bottle, and it's never cracked or discolored. (06/18/2005)

White Vinegar instead of Jet-Dry

I'm going to give this a try! Jet-Dry is getting so expensive! (01/17/2007)

By mobo

White Vinegar instead of Jet-Dry

Does anyone know what ingredients are in Jet-Dry? I have recently been looking into what chemicals are in my home and I cannot find any info on Jet-Dry. White vinegar sounds like an excellent, green, healthy alternative! (02/05/2008)

By Kathy

White Vinegar instead of Jet-Dry

I was looking at some on-line resource for Material Safety Data Sheets. I don't know all the chemical terminology, but the health risk factor for Jet-Dry was rated: severe. (02/05/2008)

By Gertie

White Vinegar instead of Jet-Dry

There's a reason the Jet Dry powder is labeled "severe" in terms of health effects- it's a powder, and therefore much more concentrated than the liquid. The liquid stuff is given a "1" on the 1-4 scale, while the powder is rated "3."

The powder is about 1/2 citric acid- a mild acid that lots of people use for cleaning. But it's about 20% sulfamic acid, which is a pretty strong acid that is wonderful for cleaning. "Zepp" and some other sprays are loaded with sulfamic acid so they can power away soap buildup.

By the time the dishwasher cycle is done, only trace amounts would be left- nothing harmful. (05/18/2008)

By Stu

White Vinegar instead of Jet-Dry

I like the idea of using white vinegar, but how much does the reservoir hold? It seems like when I was putting the Jet Dry in, it would just keep pouring and pouring and pouring....
(05/30/2008)

By Ever Frugal

White Vinegar instead of Jet-Dry

I looked up the ingredients of Jet-Dry and they are citric acid and sulfamic acid (used in drug manufacturing and as a descaling agent in cleansers), both are natural compounds which can cause burning if ingested in high concentrations. (So don't store the pretty liquid or powder where children can reach it). I have used both Jet Dry and vinegar in the rinse agent compartment of my dishwasher. Vinegar makes a good effort, but can't completely combat the effects of my hard water in removing all the soap in the rinse cycle. I'm going back to the hard stuff, now that I know what it is made of. (01/29/2009)

By chiafam

Using White Vinegar Instead of Jet-Dry
Using White Vinegar Instead of Jet-Dry
vinegar and baking soda
Uses for Vinegar
WetJet Package
Unclogging a Swiffer Wet Jet
Swiffer Wet Jet
Changing the Batteries on a Swiffer Wet Jet
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🎉
🎄