Wonton Appetizer Recipes

Stuffed and fried wontons are an easy to make snack or appetizer. Change the ingredients used and you can create a new flavor every time. This page contains wonton appetizer recipes.

Wonton Appetizer Recipes

October 11, 2012 Flag
Easy appetizers for holiday get togethers or for family game/movie night.

• ground beef
  • onion soup mix-or whatever flavor you like
  • wonton wrappers
  • oil for frying
  • dipping sauces

1. I brown ground beef and mix it with onion soup mix and pepper.
  2. Then spoon the mixture into wonton wrappers.
  3. Deep fry; I use canola oil. Take out when golden brown.
  4. I put out different condiment dishes for us to dip them in, such as soy sauce, honey mustard, and ketchup since that is all my son will have them with lol.
  5. Instead of beef you could also use shrimp, chicken, or whatever else you like.

By Debbie N from Tacoma, WA

Generally speaking, Fried Wantons should have some type of vegetable for texture as well as taste and visual appeal. The most common ones are bamboo, scallions, onions, peas or cabbage (or bokchoy) but almost any veggie would do. It's a great way to sneak in some vegetable for kids.

You mentioned pepper in the directions but not the ingredients. Would that be bell peppers, hot peppers or grounded peppercorn?

You might also try teriyaki, sweet and sour, barbecue sauce or duck sauce if you like your dipping sauce somewhat sweet. I like Ponzu Sauce, a traditional dipping sauce used by the Japanese and Chinese for appetizers like dim sum. It's basically soy sauce with lemon or lime juice, and a bit of sugar. Google for a recipe. Or you can make a classic dipping sauce with soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and a little sugar.

I have used shredded cabbage and shredded carrots with some diced onions mixed with the hamburger meat.I cook this up in a pan and drain well-let cool so too handle the meat. I put a small log shape mixture in teh wonton wrapper. Roll once over, fold in the ends and continure to roll to the end and seal with a bit of water to moisten the end. Deep fry until wrapper is golden brown.

January 21, 2010 Flag

Yummo and so easy! In a large skillet or pot, heat about two inches of oil to 350 degrees F. Place one slice of mozzarella on a wonton wrapper, top with 1 tomato slice and basil leaf.

Food and Recipes Recipes AppetizersOctober 14, 2012
Bacon Appetizer
Bacon Appetizer Recipes
Beef Empanadas
Beef Empanadas Recipes
Cute Edible Apple Turkey
Thanksgiving Appetizer Recipes
Baby mummy suasage appetizers.
Baby Mummy Sausage Recipes