Wood Kabobs for Keeping Cats Out of the Garden

This may not work in every situation, but it's worth a shot. Use some of the pointed wooden skewers (think kabobs), and insert them into the ground close enough together to keep the cat from being able to dig and bury. For just a couple dollars (maybe purchase the skewers at a dollar store), this method will avoid the need for chemicals, and is biodegradable and natural.

By webduck from Port Orchard, WA

My sister told me to put the wooden skewers into my Impatiens plants to keep the squirrels from digging up my pots. It works! And you can break the skewer, depending on the size of the pot, to double the use of them. I was tired of cleaning up the dirt and replanting the little plants. It is a great, green idea.

A cat sitting in a garden bed.
Keeping Cats Out of the Garden
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Fruit Kabobs
Making Fruit Kabobs
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Woman Wiping Down Wood Cabinet With Yellow Cloth
Homemade Wood Cleaners
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 21, 2016 at 1:14:49 AM on in 945 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.