Yellow Fingernails

My nails have gotten really yellow colored. Is this a sign of something, and what can I do to whiten them up again?

nhilligas from Blue Hill, NE

Answers:

Yellow Fingernails

If you wear nail polish a lot that will also cause your nails to turn yellow over time. (06/23/2006)

By prism

Yellow Fingernails

Yellow nails can also occur when you frequently wear nail polish. I wish I had a good remedy to get mine white again, too. Check with a manicurist, as they might know. (06/23/2006)

By Connie A.

Yellow Fingernails

Just ran across this hint the other day as far as whitening your fingernails. Try soaking a denture cleaner tablet in water and soaking your nails for about 10 minutes or longer. Hope this works for you. (06/23/2006)

By sewingmamma

Yellow Fingernails

If it is from your nail polish you can get a buffer and start with the roughest side and work to the polishing side and it will take it away. (06/24/2006)

By Kinmicsmom

Yellow Fingernails

I tried the buffer on my yellow nails and it worked great for clearing up the yellow. It all but went away HOWEVER, the buffer will thin your nails and if you aren't careful they will break lengthwise and they are really a pain to fix then. Go easy on the buffing. (06/24/2006)

By Connie A..

Yellow Fingernails

If it is just aesthetic, you can get a whitening pencil in any manicure aisle. (06/24/2006)

By camo_angels

Yellow Fingernails

My nails improve when I soak them in straight lemon juice. (01/18/2007)

By dosie

Yellow Fingernails

I have to post and give a real quick way to whiten your nails. I use the brush on teeth whitener on my nails when they get yellow. In a couple days they are as good as new! (05/30/2008)

By shdonna

Yellow Fingernails

I have yellow nails, but it's because I have liver problems. I think you should see your GP. (11/09/2008)

Remedies for Yellow Fingernails
Remedies for Yellow Finger Nails
Faux Fingernails
Using Faux Fingernails
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
🎄