Zucchini Flowers But No Zucchini

I planted zucchini this year. I have had many blossoms for about 2 months, but not one zucchini. Why? Pretty soon it will be too cold for the plants. Should I expect them or not and why/not?

Chirssy from Rochester, NY

Answers:

Zucchini Flowers But No Zucchini

All those flowers you got were male. It's probably too late this season, but next time, pinch off all of the flowers that don't have baby Zucchinis under them (male flowers are all stem, no fruit) and the plant will start making female flowers. Good luck next year. (09/04/2007)

By Beth - MA

Zucchini Flowers But No Zucchini

Sometimes you need to plant more than one plant to allow for pollination, but you also need to be sure that bees come around. Not sure how to help you out with the bee part. I typically do not use any kind of pesticides, because my younger daughter likes to go into the garden, pick and eat the super sweet 100's (small cherry tomatoes). (09/06/2007)

By MelissaVA

Zucchini Flowers But No Zucchini

Not positive, but how many bees are you seeing in your area? Bee hive collapse is a major problem to all of us right now. (09/06/2007)

By mcmillan968

Zucchini Flowers But No Zucchini

If you are getting blossoms and no fruit try taking a small stick or Q-tip and remove some of the pollen from one of the male flowers and place inside the female flower to help pollinate it.

(07/17/2008)

By Gina R.

Zucchini Flowers But No Zucchini

My mother in law loosened the soil around the roots and finally I see tiny Zucchini.
(09/02/2008)

By Jane

Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Zucchini Bread
Freezing Zucchini Bread
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers, A bouquet of fresh cut roses for Valentine's Day
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
🎄