Birthday Candy Cake
Making a "cake" from packaged candy is a unique variation on the traditional birthday cake. This is a guide about making a birthday candy cake
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Read 3 Comments
- 6 Styrofoam circles: 2 in each ascending size, 8 inch, 6 inch, and 4 inch
- 1 candle topper or bobble head
- 1 bag of large individually wrapped jaw breakers
- 1 bag of individual gum
- approximately 5 bags of candy (depends on size of candy)
- Glue together each set of foam circles to make one thick circle in each size.
- Glue or pick pin each circle on top of each other. Make sure you get as close to middle as possible.
- Use low temp glue gun and start gluing the miniature candy bars all around. I used gum to hide any foam showing between each layer.
- I topped it with a ice cream cone candle that I found at the dollar store, but you can use any cake toppers they have at party store, bobble heads, etc.
- I finished with adding jaw breakers around the topper to make sure no foam shows.
- Make sure you use wrapped candies so kids can eat it and you can use any candy you want, this is just a point of reference.
By Carol from MA
Check out this video and learn how to make this fun cake shaped card.
Related Content(article continues below)
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 9, 2017 at 7:35:10 AM on 10.0.2.115 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us