Birthday Cake Ideas

Sponge Bob Birthday CakeKids always want cartoon birthday cakes. Make your own cake decorations! Mine were cut out of kids Valentine cards. Make your own cake and stick the cutouts on the cake. Get matching hats and napkins from the dollar store. For adults, you could use cut-outs from old birthday cards or Mother's Day cards.

By vickie guy from Earle, AR

More Solutions

Quickly, easily, and inexpensively, create a cake decoration for your child's birthday cake. Find gift wrap or other paper with a themed picture on it such as Spiderman or Barbie. Cut it out and laminate it. Just before presenting the cake, lay the laminated picture on the cake, and pipe a little icing around the edges, if desired. The picture can be as large or small as you like. I have done this for my twins' birthday (two cakes!) and used wrapping paper with 5-inch pictures of the various Disney princesses.

This is a skateboard cake for an 8th birthday party. My friend wanted a skateboard party for her son. We could not buy a cake that fit the theme. This is what we came up with.

Skakeboarding ramp cake.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

10 Questions

My sister will be celebrating her birthday soon and I am suppose to buy a cake for her. Instead of buying a cake I want to bake one. I am a pretty good baker, but I need a recipe of a birthday cake. Any recipes for any types of cakes will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

By sarah bajan

Answers

Just bake what she likes! A birthday cake can be anything, shape, flavor, texture, cake mixes, brownie mixes or a really complex recipe. Just add candles. That will make it a birthday cake.

I'm trying to find a idea for a birthday cake made like a tree. Can this even be done?

Answers

I think the easiest is to make cupcakes and arrange them to look like a tree. Swirl on the green icing and then decorate with all the trimmings.

The cupcake tree idea is great. Another thought might be to buy a special cake pan in the shape of a tree (I've seen Christmas tree pans). Of course, if you don't plan on using the pan often, I'd go with the cupcake idea. Happy baking!

You can bake a sheet cake in a 9x13 pan, let it cool, and then trim it into the shape of a triangle. Use a piece of trimmed-off cake cut into a square to make the trunk, or use a chocolate snack cake.

Frost the whole thing green. You can use coconut to simulate snow sprinkled on the branches, and all different kinds of candy for your ornaments.

By Jamie (Guest Post)

OK, so this isn't exactly what you ask for, but if you want to do cupcakes instead... when I taught K, I came up with this for our food Christmas project. Use a sugar cone (the pointed ones that look like a dunce cap), and "paint" them with a good layer of green frosting. We then used string licorice and sprinkles to decorate the trees. You can set them on top of vanilla ice cream scoop or a cupcake frosted with white icing for "snow" on the ground" Just an idea!

By Jamie F. (Guest Post)

Another idea is to bake 1 9x13 and cut it diagonal and then place the two points together-it will then have a large triangle look. You'll have to bake a small rectangle for the trunk, too.

Gotcha all. Thanks, I'll try these great ideas.

Look at Collettes Cakes - she is a cake decorator and has a pine tree cake in one of them that she took several round cakes with different heights and stacked them.

Answer this Question

My son's birthday is Saturday. He will be 17 yrs old. Can someone please give me some ideas how to get his cake decorated?

By debbie from Jonesville, LA

Answers

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 147 Feedbacks

www.kayscakes.net/birthdaycakes.
There's lot of pictures there of cakes. You can get some ideas, good luck.

Mmm...17? He must have a favorite sports figure, or skate board hero or Nascar driver? Themes like that always worked well for my kids, and my grand kids. Pat T of Nevada

Do you need a decorated cake? My daughter's favorite cake is the Chocolate Heath Bar cake. I made it the first time for her 16th birthday party and all 40 kids loved it. Not a crumb left.

My 12 year old wants me to make him a cake that looks like a sombrero for his birthday. Any suggestions on how to do this? Thanks

Maureen from Baker, LA

Answers

I'm seeing a bundt cake with a sugar/waffle type cone stuck in the middle- decorate with yellow frosting- red licorice strings and green m&ms.

By Joyce (Guest Post)

you could bake a layer in a deep dish pizza pan another layer in a pyrex bowl that is smaller at the bottom than the top. when cool center the one from the bowl on the other and frost , sounds like fun, good luck

Thanks for all the help! All of the ideas were really helpful. Now I just have to decide on which one!

Answer this Question

I'm having a 16th birthday party, but it's going to be a joint party with my boyfriend! Any ideas on what we can have on the cake if we get it ordered somewhere?

By Caitlin from Wellington, NZ

Make this cute bowling alley themed cake for the bowler among your friends and family. This is a page about decorating a bowling alley birthday cake.

A birthday cake that resembles a bowling alley.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesJune 12, 2013
🍂
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Birthday-Cake-Ideas.html