This is a skateboard cake for an 8th birthday party. My friend wanted a skateboard party for her son. We could not buy a cake that fit the theme. This is what we came up with.
- 2 cake mixes
- flat cake pan
- Bundt cake pan
- 2 icing tubs
- food color
- Sour Patch Kids
- Life Savers
- candy sticks
- Air Heads
- Bake a flat cake and a bundt cake.
- Frost the flat cake for base.
- Cut the bundt cake in half and turn on side. Trim a little off the bottom so it will sit flat when turned upright. Trim some from center also so your pike will be shaped better.
- Place on flat cake. I set it to the back, but it can be placed in center.
- Use the pieces of cake you have left to fill in the side so it won't beck. If it does use straws to hold it together.
- For the skateboards place a candy stick between two Life Savers for wheels. Place a half of an Air Head on top of two sets.
- You can use a little frosting to hold a Sour Patch Kid on the board for a rider also place some kids running up to the ramp.
- I placed a Happy Birthday sign above the ramp using two chopsticks.
By Randa from San Marcos, TX
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!