Browsing: Removing Soot From Curtains

Removing Soot from Curtains

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the soot out of my custom curtains? I hesitate to put them in the washing machine and possibly ruin them knowing that I have only found 1 grease cutting product able to remove this stuff from the other surfaces in my house.

By Russlyn

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

It looks like it will be hard to get the soot out without either washing or dry cleaning the curtains. One thing you could try is sprinkle the curtains with baking soda or table salt (or a mixture) and let sit a while. Then vacuum them well. The salt or soda will absorb the soot and vacuuming will remove the surface soot.

If this doesn't get them clean, launder washable garments using powdered laundry detergent and the hottest water suitable for the garments. Soak them first for 30 minutes. Continue laundering garments until soot and/or odor are removed. You may have to launder as many as five times.

If you are afraid to launder the curtains, take them to a reputable dry cleaner.

Susan

Baking soda gets soot out of curtains and every thing else.

Theresa

Removing Soot From Curtains
Removing Soot From Curtains
Home and Garden Cleaning Blinds and CurtainsJune 23, 2000
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
A sewing machine making repairs.
Repairing Thermal Backing on Curtains
Starching Curtains
Starching Curtains
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 25, 2016 at 4:24:05 AM on 10.0.1.252 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.