Small Wrapped Present

A nice little gift that I received cost close to nothing but means a lot to me. It is a little wrapped present 2 x 2 x 1 inch. It is weighty, probably has a small block of wood inside but you could also use a small gift box. Just in case they open it you could put a note "Someone loves you"

It is wrapped beautifully with a nice ribbon and this poem as a tag:

"This is a very special gift
That you can never see.

The reason it's so special is
It comes to you from me.

Whenever you are lonely
or even feeling blue.
You only have to hold this gift,
and know I think of you.

You never can unwrap it.
Please leave the ribbon tied.
Just hold the box close to your heart,
It's filled with LOVE inside."

The poem could be modified for more casual friends by changing the last line to: "It's friendship filled inside". I'd love to see some variations on this theme.

By Marianne

Why change the poem, it's great the way it is. I want to thank you for sharing this, I will be giving lots of these. Somewhere on the web I saw folding instructions for making a small box like that out of a Christmas or other card.

When my daughter was in kindergarten they made a wrapped block like this for Mother's Day. That is one of my most cherished gifts. For quite a long time we would hide it when one or the other of us was going through a hard time. She is now 30 and hope to help her son make one of these. God bless.

Boy With Thoughtful Gift
Thoughtful Gift Ideas
Crafts GiftsSeptember 12, 2000
Colorful Tissue Paper
Reusing Tissue Paper
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Yarn Wrapped Carrot
Making a Yarn Wrapped Carrot
🎉
🎄