How to Make Paperclip and Bead Wrapped Earrings
Beads strung on embroidery floss are wrapped around a paperclip to create these fun earrings. Make them to suit your personal tastes, changing up the clip size and bead colors. This is a page about how to make paperclip and bead wrapped earrings
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These pretty earrings can be made out of new or recycled materials. Make them dainty or big and bold, colourful or pastel, or rough and rustic. They're made of a mix of punky paperclips and blingy beads. However you put your own mark on them they'll look great on you
- 2 paperclips
- 2 earring wires
- 2 jump rings
- 22+ pearly beads
- embroidery floss or similar thread
- 1 needle small enough to pass through the beads
- PVA (white) glue
- Thread the beads onto the embroidery floss.
- Catch the end of the floss in one of the paperclips and trim the loose end with your scissors.
- Wrap the floss around the paper clip incorporating the beads one at a time as you go making sure to place them on the back as well as the front.
- Finish off with a single knot and trim the end close.
- An application of PVA glue with keep the floss in place. The glue will dry clear.
- Thread a bead onto one of the jump rings and attach it to the paper clip. You can use pliers to do this, but you will probably find it easy enough to bend using just your fingers.
- Attach an earring wire to the other end of the clip.