Tomatoes in a Small Yard

I have a small garden and most of it goes to tomatoes. I can a lot of different kinds of sauces and also sun dry the tomatoes. So to get more tomatoes than green leaves, I do this.

When I put my plants in the ground I lay them on their sides and put the dirt all the way up and over the roots and bottom leaves. Pat the dirt down good. It grows more roots and builds up the plant. They turn up towards the sun in a matter of a day or two. I found I double my yield of tomatoes in my small garden.

By Sue

I, too, have had great success with this method. What's your favorite slicing tomato? Mine is Red Brandywine.

Small Walled Garden
Gardening in Small Spaces
Home and Garden Gardening Growing Growing FoodJanuary 5, 2001
Canned Tomatoes on White Background
Canning Tomatoes
Saving Money on Tomatoes
Saving Money on Tomatoes
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard