Browsing: Organizing Recipes

What is the Best Way to Print and Organize Recipes?

I need help with printing. I get a lot of recipes sent to my email box. Some of them I like and some I don't. But some have 6 or more on 1 sheet. How do I go about printing out only a certain recipe, rather than all of them? I'm wasting paper and a lot of ink (and paper). Any suggestions please?

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Highlight only the recipe you want to print, or save to your database, then go to file and print, choosing "selection" under print range and it will only print the portion that you highlighted.

Copy and paste into a word processing document, ie. Microsoft Works; word processor, create folders to organize your recipes for example: main folder; RECIPES, then create sub-folders within the main folder. Name according to type. VEGETABLES, FRUITS, DESSERTS,(sub-folders) pies, cakes, frostings, cookies, etc., MAIN DISHES, etc. You can create sub-folders within these folders, also. Save your recipes here, and they will be ready to print out whenever you want them. Put the Main folder right within the application folder you are using for the word processor, then store the recipes in that folder.

If you don't want to save the recipes on your computer, but just want to print them out, use the word processor application anyway and choose 'no' when asked if you want to save it, OR, you can just copy and paste into a new e-mail form and print it from there.

I save my recipes on floppies...use one for each category ie. Breads, Cookies, Main Dishes. I highlight the recipe and copy and paste it to my notepad. Then save to a 3.5 inch floppy. They are saved on the disk in alphabetical order.Then, when I want to try a new recipe, I insert my floppy, choose the recipe I want, and print it out. If I like the recipe, and think I will use it again, I put it in my looseleaf notebook that is used for recipes, cooking tips, ingredient substitutions and anything else that concerns cooking and baking. If I decide that I don't like it after all, I pitch the printed copy and delete it from my floppy disk.

I have made a new folder on my desktop by placing the cursor on the desktop where it is not touching another folder. Left click, go down to new, and select folder. I named it recipes. Once it is opened I selected file and made several new files which I named, main course, side dishes, desserts, drink recipes, and so forth. As I recieve emails that I like, I just copy and paste to the appropriate file folder. When I have enough for a page, I print. This is of course after I format it with the same type style and size just for organization sake. I then have a 1 inch ring binder with the see through covers where I have printed a recipe page out and stuck it in there using the clear page protectors to quickly identify it. I have tabs corresponding with my file names such as main dishes. As I print, I file. Easy reference. I can use this at the stove. If I spill something on it. Quick clean up because it's in the plastic page protectors.

Try http://recipe.gauzza.com its free/easy to use and you can access all your recipes where ever there is an internet connection

I get lots of recipes from different sites and I copy and paste to my microsoft words. I then print and put in a page protector and put that in a 3 ring binder. This way I can share with friends. They can just flip through my notebook.

I print mine and put them in 3-ring binders that have tabs with categories such as vegetables, rice and potatoes, breads and muffins, cakes and cookies, etc.

Wooden Recipes Box
Organizing Recipes
Computers TipsJanuary 16, 2001
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
Paper hand print turkey.
Hand Print Turkeys
Woman Fixing a Printer That Won't Print
Fixing a Printer That Won't Print
installing software
Installing Corel Print House
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 11, 2016 at 6:19:08 PM on 10.0.0.193 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.