Energy Conservation Ideas

I live in California, and here is my idea for energy conservation. One night a week should be a "candlelight night." Try not to cook that evening. Of course, you could reheat if hot food is necessary to you and your family. Build a fire in your fireplace. Serve dinner by candlelight. I don't turn on any lights at all that night.

I have found safe holders for candles that I can carry from room to room. I even put a mirror under the candles to increase the light. Try not turning on the television or computer for a while. See what kinds of games you can play by candle light. It is fun for kids to see how our ancestors lived!

Here are some tips from our local energy company:

• Seal leaks around door, windows and other openings with caulking or weatherstripping.

• Set thermostats between 65 and 70 degrees and at least 5 degrees lower when you are sleeping.

• Make each person in the household responsible for helping to save energy and water by turning off lights in rooms that are not in use and using water sparingly.

• Close drapes, blinds and shutters at night to keep the warm air in and the cold air out.

• Close doors and air vents in rooms that are not in use.

• Lower your water heater temperature setting to 120 degrees.

• Install water-flow restrictors in showerheads and faucets.

Here's a tip we heard on our local news station yesterday: Try to take shorter showers than usual. Secondly, don't turn the shower on full blast. One good thing to do is start your shower with low pressure and then turn it up when you need to rinse off and need more water.

Michigan isnt having an energy crunch.But I bought an on and off switch for the showerhead so turn it on to get wet. And then off. Just lather then turn it on to rinse works great and very little water is used. Carol Hitts

Put a full milk jug or brick in the toilet water holding tank. This will reduce water per flush, and conserve that wonderfull clean H20!

Energy Saving Tips
Energy Saving Tips
Better Living Green Living ConservationJanuary 17, 2001
California King Bed
Buying Sheets for a California King Bed
San Diego, California
San Diego, California Frugal Travel Guide
Legoland California
California Frugal Travel Guide
Little girl giving to Salvation Army.
California Christmas Charities
🎉
🎄