Browsing: Who Makes Store Brands?

Why Do Some Brands Cost More?

Fisher Swanson

When staring at the numerous different brands of products and their prices on shelves at the supermarket, you have to ask yourself: Is one product really better than another? Am I paying for product that tastes better? The truth is, in many cases, you are paying for advertising and packaging. Personally, as a consumer, I'm tired of paying corporations advertising bills.

If you go to the bulk section of your supermarket, you can buy numerous products for nearly half as much than their well advertised and heavily marketed counter parts. In fact, I have found that many bulk products taste better. If you are a person who tends to reach for the most expensive items because you feel they have a higher quality, I would recommend a blind taste test. More often then not, you will find the only real product difference, is the marketing.

I worked in factories for years. The same company puts the same food into cans with different labels for various companies, so I'm sure it also applies to food in boxes, bottles and jars.

Woman Grocery Shopping
Who Makes Store Brands?
Consumer Advice Shopping Food & KitchenJanuary 17, 2001
Bride wearing her wedding dress.
Why Do We Keep Our Wedding Dresses?
A dog being check out by a veterinarian.
Finding a Low Cost Vet Clinic
Satelite dish against a tree in background.
Saving Money on DirectTV
Dried figs in a wooden bowl.
Drying Figs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 3, 2016 at 10:11:45 PM on 10.0.2.183 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.