Craft Use for Grocery Bags

Does anyone know of some craft projects for plastic shopping bags that you don't have to knit or crochet? I have read about fusing, is it safe with the fumes from the plastic?

Susan

Best Answer

I made a set of puppets to use in my local church Christmas pagent (including a 6 foot high camel) and used plastic bags for stuffing. It wont go bad, attract bugs, or ever get unflluffy like regular stuffing.

Londa

Best Answer

I recently posted that I lay them flat and stack them on top of each other until they are the thickness I want. I then baste them together and use them for quilt batting. NOT FOR BED QUILTS OR ANY THING USED FOR CHILDREN. I used material I had at home and used the batting I'd made to cover a foot stool. You can also make quilted material and use it for making handbags, eyeglass covers or any other small items.

Best Answer

I saw a video on you-tube, so I tried it . You can heat layers of plastic together between sheets of wax paper, with your iron. Then you can sew the sheet together or just "heat" the seems together.

This site shows how to make wreaths from them..this one is done in black trash bags, but any color would work of course :0)

http://own-two-  l.com/33356.html

Maggei O in Bloomington, MN

I make the tote bags but I'm trying to think of some other items. Any ideas?