Rubber Stains on Carpet

Does anyone have any methods to remove what seems to be black rubber grease stains on new carpet. It has come from the black stoppers at the back of a portable piano.

Carolyn from Melbourne, Australia

Best Answer

I just registered with this site to thank all the people who helped me. I was removing an old shelf stereo system, and put it down on the carpet. When I picked it up there were two very black rubber marks. I found the answer (rubbing alcohol) at this site, and will be happy to participate here if I can in the future.

Anonymous
Best Answer

OMG, thank you, thank up for the rubbing alcohol & cotton balls! When my cat became ill, I ran out into my very hot condo storage unit (Arizona heat) & grabbed her fancy carrier. Put her in it & gently swung it forward (I am not well & have little strength) placing it down on my beautiful light mauve carpet every 8 feet or so. I felt it stick each time I lifted it but all my attention was on that cat. I came home to four 1 inch squares of melted rubber 'feet' from the base of the carrier. & yes, I've been walking over them 4 a year. I have the carpet cleaners coming next week & thought I'd try on-line before paying a bomb to have cleaned. Thank you thank you, the rubber was pretty thick, yet it came right up! I am soooo grateful. Rubbing alcohoL rocks!

Hi, try wiping the marks with orange oil or eucalyptus oil or tea tree oil, all will loosen tar and other marks,Try it on a piece of the carpet that can't be seen first to check for adverse effects. Use a clean white cloth for this. Hope this works for you.

How to remove rubber stains from my carpet.

'Goof Off' works well. Test it on an inconspicuous place on your carpet first. Then use Cotton Balls and a clean rag to dab and wipe.

A rubber backed rug has left black marks on a carpet. How can I remove them? I have tried lemon juice and salt and a commercial stain remover to no avail. Has anyone any ideas?

Hi all,

My excercise thera band has persished onto my carpet leaving a blue stain , any ideas for getting out the stain ?

Cheers

Mary Ann Brisbane