Removing Soap Build Up from Laundry

From time-to-time it is a good idea to check and see how much soap is left in your clothes. You might be surprised!

Fill your washer with clothes and fill with the normal water temperature for the batch of clothes, then let them agitate for several minutes before adding soap. If there are lots of suds, cut back on the amount of soap.

Tip: Towels seem to hold soap and fabric softener the most.

Recently my daughter came to the house and wanted to get in the hot tub but needed something to wear as her dad was home. I gave her a clean white T-shirt and a pair of boxer shorts. The soap was instantly in the hot tub with foam almost reaching the top of the tub. We used a defoaming agent but the water was so full of soap that we had to drain the hot tub. What a mess. I had to use white vinegar to wash the tub down and run water through the system until I knew it was clear of all soap then empty again. Costly and I know better the next time. I now keep at least one gallon of white vinegar in the house at all times.

Removing Soap Build Up from Laundry
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMarch 7, 2001
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
cleaning a tub
Removing Soap Scum from a Plastic Tub
Soap in Laundry
Removing Soap Build Up in Laundry
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄