Frugal Storage Ideas?

I am moving to a small 1 bedroom flat and need some funky ideas for storage for my craft stuff, also everything else. I hope ThriftyFun members can help me. Many thanks.

By Helen from U.K

Hat Boxes, Popcorn Tins, Cardboard Boxes covered with contact paper or wall paper, and see through Plastic Containers with lids that will slide under the bed.

Up up up is the key! Anything that stacks is wonderful if you ask me.

Make a spare work table by placing a piece of plywood cut as you want it & place over a big outdoors garbage can. I'd want a metal one (it can be painted to match) but plastic would work too & several color choices. Then drape a vinyl table cover or pretty shower curtain over it. I wouldn't use a fabric one for a craft table but that's also up to you.

Or if you want a longer table, do the same thing but use 2 cans & top with a rectangle sheet of plywood or even an old door, and top with a cloth of some sort. Store all sorts of things in the cans below. If you are anything like me, tables tend to become heaped up with backlog of crafts, lol. Maybe you're like me in the way that you would be much better off to give some of it away or sell it!

Try a local daycare, school, scout troop, senior center, or church to see if they accept misc. craft donations. A nice way to get rid of scrap is a Martha Stewart idea to make (or buy) little bags & fill with scraps to give as party favors! I'd love one of those myself!

What kind of crafts, and how much?

For more storage space I also hiked up two bunk beds with PVC pipe to store things under them. I am of a short stature person and so are my kids, to create more space I used this to my advantage.

The put together bookcases sold at most hardware stores (have 5 shelves) are about 6 feet tall. Taller than me.

I placed 2 against a wall and 2 in the middle of the room facing each other -- i then laid closet maid (about 6 feet long, about 6 of them) wire shelving across these bookcases making a loft type of storage

Since there are only 4 in the family each of us use one bookcases to store our clothes/shoes (I drape sheets over the shelves to hide away the messy clothes folding my kids use) and that enables me to use the closet for more storage

I also have a counter dividing the kitchen and dining/living room. Since when I moved in the counter was only in a T shape, I placed shelving under the T on either side creating more storage.

i also store plastic storage boxes under my outside bench and in the living room as seating areas

Rocks inside two mason jars.
Cheap Storage Solutions
Organizing StorageOctober 5, 2009
Shelving composed of multisized cubes and rectangles.
Building Storage Shelves
Declutter with Coffee Cans
Organizing With Plastic Coffee Containers
Sealing Plastic Bags With Recycled Plastic Bottle Tops
A young child counting coins.
Teaching Your Kids About Frugal Living
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 12:17:55 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.