Lilac Sachets

In the spring, I cut large bunches of lilacs. I hang them in a walk-in closet upside down for drying. While they dry, I stitch small pouches (from scrap cloth) and add ribbons for hanging.

I put the dried lilacs in the pouches and give them to family for their closets. My closet has the fresh smell of lilacs for weeks. As far as cost there really is none as the cloth I use is scraps and the flowers grow all over my property.

*Note - If you do not grow lilacs ask a neighbor who does if you can harvest some of theirs.

By Kathy

Editor's Note: This would also work well with lavender.

you can also knit or crochet them. but make sure the you use a small hook/needles and thin yarn.

Mackenzie

Scented Sachets
Making Scented Sachets
Crafts FloralJuly 5, 2006
Lilac Bush
Lilac Leaves Turning Yellow
Lilac Flowers
Lilac Leaves Turning Brown
Making Soap Sachets
Making Soap Sachets
Lilacs growing near a white fence with a weathered outbuilding in the background.
Transplanting Lilac Bushes
🎉
🎄