Browsing: Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors From a House

Smoke Smell

I'm moving into a house where a smoker has lived for 30 years. It smells like it, too. Any suggestions to get that deep down smoky smell out?

By Angela

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

If the walls are sheet rock, wash them down with

baking soda and water, then paint with a stain blocker mildew inhibitor, I used Kilz, Kmart and Walmart have it, there are other brands available. Make sure you do it on a day that is OK to keep your windows open because it's pretty stinky stuff. Then paint the walls with paint. Kilz is also great for water stains on walls and ceilings.

Regular barbeque charcoal is good to put around too for smells.

- Liz

Try T-2, a new product from Japan that kills odor and bacteria. It comes in a spray bottle, real easy. I think the website is http://www.T-2.biz .

We ordered some T-2 to test for our readers and it is very pricey. They double charged us for our order and what we got was a tiny little 2 oz spray bottle (supposed to be 19.95 but was charged 39.95) I've written to them about it to see. Frankly the little bottle could be water. It is odorless. It says to use it with sunlight putting the item in the sun for 2 hours because it is activated by light. Two hours of sunshine will remove the odors from many things just by itself. At present, I would not recommend this.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Sounds like you got scammed...

I burnt the pot of soup to charcoal and the house smelled really bad. I sprayed the walls with fabreez and kept the windows open and sprayed all fabrics curtains and boiled cinnamon and orange slices for the smell.

Cigarette Smoke Odors
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors From a House
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsAugust 7, 2001
Cleaning Smoke Stains from Walls
Cleaning Smoke Off Walls
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Men's leather winter boots.
Removing Smoke Odor from Leather Boots
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 25, 2016 at 5:06:53 PM on 10.0.2.26 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.