Decoupaging Pictures on a Formica Table

I have a round formica patio table that I would like to put some of our vacation pictures on. It will be used outside. Can anyone tell me how to sand or how to glue the pictures on and what to use on top to be able to use it outside?

Thanks for any help.

Carlene

Get a piece of plexi glass and have it fitted to the size of the table and then put your pictures in between the glass and the table.

- Gloria

Mod Podge is a great medium which you could do directly onto the table top, apply pics, and top with more Mod Podge. It is available at craft stores and as I recall, it is a waterproof coating once cured. OR you could get a piece of glass slightly larger than the table (any glass shop can recommend type and thickness for your purpose and cut it to size), lay your pics on the table and cover with the glass. This way you could also change out the pics after next year's memorable vacation.

- KC - Austin, Tx

I you could probably glue them on with rubber cement or Elmer's glue. Then put several coats of exterior polyurethane on it. However the pictures may fade if in the sunlight.

- Liz

There is a product you can buy in a craft store that will allow you to transfer photographic images to fabric and other substances....I am not sure if it would work on Formica, but it is worth a shot!

Also, to protect my photos, I would use second copies in case they were messed up by the process. Good luck!

Norma Jean in VA

Decoupaging Pictures on Formica
Crafts DecoupageAugust 22, 2001
Cleaning
Cleaning Formica
hot coffee pot placed on counter by waitress
Removing Heat Stains and Burn Marks on Formica
Decoupaging a Glass Bottle
Decoupaging a Glass Bottle
Decoupaging Fabric on Glass
Decoupaging Fabric on Glass
🎉
🎄