Decoupaging Fabric on Glass?

Does anyone know how to decoupage fabric to a glass block light?

Julie

Answers

Dear Julie, I have used paper many times to decorate glass block lamps from IKEA. I would use the same technique as paper. Choose the fabric you want to use, measure carefully and cut. Start gluing at the back side. I use Mod Podge or any white crafts glue that dries clear. Then once the fabric is glued on, let it dry very well. Next, Mod Podge over the fabric several times, drying between coats. If you want, then use several coats of sealer to protect your lamp. You can get fancy and add ribbons or other borders to the top and bottom. Hope this helps, Lisa

By Rhonda P (Guest Post)

go to http://www.thistothat.com
You can find out anything regarding any type of gluing there.

Answer this Question

2 More Questions

I have a metal framed small desk with glass on the top. How do I adhere fabric to the bottom of my glass top desk? I want to decoupage or glue some outside-type fabric under the glass, so the print shows but is protected by the glass. I am not sure how to do this. I need help.

By Jaclyn C.

Answer this Question

I am just starting to make fabric covered glass plates and am having a situation where the Mod Podge medium still shows white areas (streaky) mostly on the color black. Does anyone have a fix for this or an idea why this is happening? The glue is not too thick or too thin when I apply it. Please Help!

By Barbara F. from Newburyport, MA

Answer this Question
Crafts DecoupageFebruary 13, 2013
🐰
🍀
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Decoupaging-Fabric-on-Glass.html