Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cleaning Artificial Plants

0 0EmailFollow
Artificial Flowers

They may not need light and water, but artificial plants do require regular cleaning to look their best. This is a guide about cleaning artificial plants.

Solutions: Cleaning Artificial Plants

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Cleaning Artificial Flowers

To clean artificial flowers, pour some salt into a paper bag and add the lowers. Shake vigorously as the salt will absorb all the dust and dirt and leave your artificial flowers looking like new! Works like a charm!

By Jodi from Aurora, CO

Tip: Cleaning Artificial Plants and Flowers

I spray Febreze generously onto the whole flower/foliage arrangement, tree, etc. This works just as well as commerical cleaners made specifically for silk flowers. Just spray, no wiping necessary. And you can choose the scent (or no scent) of your choice.

By 2ndsight [1]

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Cleaning Artificial Plants.

Question: Cleaning the Inside of a Vase of Artificial Flowers

I have a beautiful vase filled with tulips.They are packed in very tightly and then there is glue with rocks at the bottom,so there is no way to take them out.The vase is getting slightly dusty inside. I can't figure out what to do to clean it.

By JH

Question: Cleaning Artificial Plants

Due to health problems this year my spring cleaning is also going to entail an attempt to remove quite a bit of dust and dust/grease 'gunk' from some artificial plants which I have in my bedroom and above kitchen cabinets (no, I don't want to get rid of them).

I was thinking of spraying on a diluted Dawn mixture, then taking them outside and hosing them off, but also wondered if anyone in the wonderful Thriftyfun community has a better/easier way to accomplish this yucky task? The arrangements are too large to do the garbage bag/salt. Thank you in advance for any info you can give me; hopefully next year they won't be as bad.

By Marilyn from Orlando, FL

Most Recent Answer

By Pat Phillips [2]03/24/2011

Do not try to put permanent flower arrangements in a bag with salt and shake them to clean them. That process is for individual stems of flowers. It would beat the arrangement in to an unrecognizable mess. Polyester silk flowers can be cleaned with a mild detergent and water but again that is mostly used for individual flowers, not arrangements. Only assembly line manufactured arrangements like foliage designs will take the abuse, with out ruining the arrangement.

You can wipe down the arrangement flower by flower and then rinse it the same, carefully, to restore the original look of the design. Design Masters aerosol silk flower cleaner will do the trick if used regularly but try not to let the grease or grime build up.

I am a professional florist with over 45 years of experience, and this is the method we ask our clients to employ to keep their nice silk arrangements fresh and looking their best.

Question: Cleaning Artificial Flowers

How do I clean artificial flowers?

By Charlie

Most Recent Answer

By Paula Jo C. [6]03/21/2011

I do not buy anything other then cheap furniture polish. Spray 'it' on my silk flowers and walk away, folks compliment how nice my silk plants and flowers look. I got the idea from these folks (thrifty fun) some time ago and it works!

Question: Removing Smoke Odor from Artificial Plant

I had a house fire three months ago and lost most of my belongings that meant the world to me. I have a artificial tree that I love. It reeks of smoke damage and I want to know how to get that smell out?

By Shannon from Lacon, IL

Best Answer

03/12/2010

Gently wiping each leaf with a soft cloth with a water and distilled vinegar solution should help greatly. I know washing each leaf that way sounds time consuming, but I wash all my silk plants that way every spring. The vinegar will greatly reduce, if not remove, the smoke smell.

Question: Artificial Plant Cleaner

I am looking for a homemade recipe for cleaning artificial plants. I know one of the ingredients is liquid fabric softener. Does anyone know about this recipe?

Jeri from Indiana

Most Recent Answer

By Chad10/16/2009

I've found that Silk N Splendor works great on my dusty plants. You can just spray it on and let it dry...works great and no mess. Just lay a towel down because it will drip slightly. You can buy it at QualitySilkPlants.com

Question: Cleaning Artificial Trees

Does anyone have an easy way to clean artificial trees. Dusting with a duster dosn't work ..
    - Loafer98

Most Recent Answer

By Jean (Guest Post)07/25/2006

Use 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water in a spray bottle. It seems to work well.