Cat Peeing In Its Food

I started feeding my cat Innova Adult cat food due to the pet food recall. He has been eating this cat food for two weeks. Now for the last couple of days he will eat some of the food then pee in it. Why is my cat peeing in his food?

The first thing I think of when a cat pees in unusual places like that is: He may have a urinary tract infection. I think your question is one that needs to be directed to your cat's vet.

I would watch for other unusual behavior, such as straining when he uses his litter box if he is an indoor cat. Sometimes when there's an infection, they squat frequently, and for a long time and produce only a few drops of urine.

Please continue to observe him and get him to the vet if you think he is sick.

I hope he's okay.

PLEASE, PLEASE take your cat to the vet and tell them what you have seen your cat doing, it may be a severe kidney infection - we had to put one down for this very thing as his urine had christalized within him.

Your both in our prayers!

Cats are very particular about keeping their eating and peeing areas separate. I agree with others who have posted that a visit to the vet is in order.

I almost feel like he's telling you what he thinks of that new food. (lol)

My cat throws litter everywhere when she uses the litter box. So I got rubber doormats to keep the litter from going everywhere. Then the cat started peeing on the mat. I thought it was maybe because she didn't like the smell of the mats, so I took them away. Now she is peeing on the cloth mat that is under her food dish. I've taken her to the vet, and she doesn't have a urinary tract infection, so I think it's behavioral. I can't figure out how to make her stop!

Have you got any other cats or animals? It may be a territorial thing?

My cat stopped peeing for two days. A quick trip to the vet-nothing. But, I had recently changed brand of litter. I ran to store, bought old brand, took cat home and she peed for a very long time.

Cat walking up to his food dish.
Cat Peeing in its Food
Pets CatsApril 29, 2007
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
soft cat food
Feeding a Cat Soft Food
Litter Box
Cat Peeing Outside Litter Box
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside