Dyeing an Outdoor Umbrella

My patio umbrella has faded. I have tried cleaning it. Is there a paint or dye you can use to refresh it? It is in perfect working order but doesn't look very good. I would really like to get another year out of it.

By Robb from Sayreville, NJ

Answers

What is your umbrella made of?

If it is the vinyl/plastic type material you may check into that spray paint that they adverise using for plastic lawn chairs.

If it is fabric, I would be cautious of using dye. I have never had a dye stay in the fabric (my experience only.) You could paint it using fabric paints. Check the craft stores in the paints and see what ones can be used on fabric. You could spray it, do stencils, stamp it (think chunky stamps...homemade or store bought), hand paint it, etc. It could be a really fun project! Good luck! Keep us posted!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Outdoor DecorApril 7, 2009
Dyeing Bath Towels
Dyeing Bath Towels
Patio Umbrella
Refurbishing a Faded Patio Umbrella
Pink Wedding Dress
Dyeing a Wedding Dress
Umbrella Tree
Growing an Umbrella Tree (Magnolia tripetala)
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 17, 2017 at 9:13:09 AM on 10.0.0.67 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.